2014 PM gold race cockpit video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 PM gold race cockpit video

See for yourselves. Please feel free to judge my line from today's race all you want. I'd like to hear it.

Thank you,

Thom

Re: 2014 PM gold race cockpit video

Who made the call on a "violation"? And where were they located? I don't see a problem.

Steve

Comment

What lap was the violation supposedly made?

Jarrod

Comment

I didn't see a violation.

Comment

Look to be furthest out on Lap 1. If they called anything else it is BS.

Comment

Are these the delimiting markers for the East show line ? Shown at 8 minutes and 29 seconds into the video.
            If so, looks like you crossed just West of junction of the E-W road and the short N-S delimiting road.
            Totally clear.

Click image for larger version

Name:	East Show Line at 8 minutes 29 seconds.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	227793
            Last edited by Tibia; 09-15-2014, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyracer View Post
              Look to be furthest out on Lap 1. If they called anything else it is BS.
              Exactly!

Comment

Looks clean to me
                Sky Critter

Comment

Best video Ever!

Comment

Me not being a pilot and not knowing the course, it looked good. Did enjoy the back seat ride. Thanks Jody

Comment

Originally posted by R/C Voodoo View Post
                      Me not being a pilot and not knowing the course, it looked good. Did enjoy the back seat ride. Thanks Jody
                      DITTO......

My understanding is that you must maintain your "Lane" until the Guide Pylon. BUT as a Pilot you also must maintain "Safe Separation" ....what part of the course was the "Violation" supposed to have occurred? the first reports were that it was the "Showline" all of your passes down the front straight looked clean to me.......

I thought you did a fantastic job Thom. Thank you for bringing your Beautiful Bird CROSS COUNTRY ! to Reno and racing your A$$ off this weekend.....you and your Team are what the true racing fans enjoy....THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !

Jim
                      Last edited by Jim58; 09-15-2014, 09:58 AM.

Comment

No appeals process?
                        Hans aka Chris Ober

Comment

This whole debacle raises a few questions:

1. Is there a "show line" at the High-G Ridge Club area on the back side of the course?
                          2. What group or organization is actually responsible for the rules regarding show lines, dead lines, altitude, etc...? There's a lot of RARA bashing going on but I thought the rules were developed by each class, the FAA and RARA.
                          3. Is there at least a process where the rules can be amended for next year? There should be a review and appeals process for any rule that could result in a DQ (especially when the judgement is made by only one person).

It sounds like nothing can be done for this year but, I think if the evidence clearly shows Thom was not out of bounds, Team PM should at least be paid the 3rd place purse money.
                          Sky Critter

Comment

Thom,

First, THANK YOU to you and the whole PM Team for all your efforts.

Based on my forty years of attending air races, many as an official, I am very confident in saying that you did not appear to bust the deadline. I stood in the same spot, in front of the T-6 pits, for every race on Sunday and observed several racers "flirt" with the deadline much more than you ever did.

As a member of several contest committees, not at Reno, I have a couple of questions: First it sounds like there was only one deadline observer, I hope this is not true. Secondly where was the observer located and was a vertical reference, ie. hilltop or structure, being used for reference. All things being equal the higher the observer has to look up from that reference point the less accurate their judgement will be.

Though it will not help in you current situation why not have a camera laser sited down the deadline to back up the human observer?

Again thank you for all you have done for "our sport"

Sincerely,

Frank

Comment

There is only 1 East Show Line. It's located East of pylons 2 and 3 to protect the homes there. Thom is a little wide there by does not appear to cross that show line.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X