Photo of Saturday's UNL finish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo of Saturday's UNL finish?

Please tell me that somebody got a nice high-res photo of the Voodoo/Strega finish on Saturday. Please!

I would pay large money for that.

Re: Photo of Saturday's UNL finish?

Originally posted by CanIFlyIt View Post
    Please tell me that somebody got a nice high-res photo of the Voodoo/Strega finish on Saturday. Please!

I would pay large money for that.

someone must have, because Stevo was signing a couple at the VooDoo pit today

Comment

Nice.

Do you know any way I can get one of those and get it signed by Steveo and Tiger? Anyone on the grounds who knows? I'd pay.

(Someday I'll get to Reno myself and won't have to ask aggravating questions. )
      Last edited by CanIFlyIt; 09-15-2014, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Go to Strega facebook fan page for photo link.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Oberev View Post
          Go to Strega facebook fan page for photo link.
          This is the link from the Strega page,

I'd like to see a photo with prop blur before I buy this one.

Comment

You may never see a better shot of that finish than the one in the link. How many people shoot from this square to the pylon?

Neal

Comment

Good pic.

Guess I was hoping for something closer to this. But the glass and technique required to get that is pretty impressive, so....

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
                You may never see a better shot of that finish than the one in the link. How many people shoot from this square to the pylon?

Neal
                Not many I'd imagine,
                would you purchase that photo Neal?

Connor

Comment

I actually looked to see if a small version is available, and got a message that there was not enough resolution. It may have been heavily cropped, but sure does look sharp (which it should be judging from the total prop stoppage and sharp background). I'm much less a fan of prop blur than many photographers are -- for me extreme sharpness and clarity wii trump pretty prop blur with less sharpness every time. On the pylons I often try to get some shots straight from the side at high shutter speeds. I find that even a nearly frozen prop is much less of a problem if seen in profile, especially if I remove the Ham Standard logo...

Neal
                  Last edited by wingman; 09-15-2014, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CJAM427 View Post
                    This is the link from the Strega page,

I'd like to see a photo with prop blur before I buy this one.

http://www.diniseye.com/p182632698/h224c3a80#h224c3a80

Was this already discussed or am I missing some jest regarding the photo linked?...It appears that the photo has been altered to move Strega in front...If you watch the Live Airshow TV video slow motion of the finish it's VooDoo that was in front by a nose as they pass the home pylon...I was there and near straight in front of the home pylon (and shot video) and though it was certainly hard to tell who won as it happened by naked eye, I still would have guessed VooDoo was slightly in front...Our vid also shows VooDoo was slightly in front...Not trying to take anything away from Tiger as that was a great show, but was just wondering about that linked pic....Is it Sept 2015 yet?

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrace View Post
                      Was this already discussed or am I missing some jest regarding the photo linked?...It appears that the photo has been altered to move Strega in front...If you watch the Live Airshow TV video slow motion of the finish it's VooDoo that was in front by a nose as they pass the home pylon...I was there and near straight in front of the home pylon (and shot video) and though it was certainly hard to tell who won as it happened by naked eye, I still would have guessed VooDoo was slightly in front...Our vid also shows VooDoo was slightly in front...Not trying to take anything away from Tiger as that was a great show, but was just wondering about that linked pic....Is it Sept 2015 yet?
                      There are a couple photos floating around, some showing Voodoo in the lead and others Strega. It seems to be a problem of perspective. I did see a photo purported to be from the timing stand showing Strega with a good half-cowling lead.

I doubt they're photoshopped....

Comment

Newbie here. I have 20 or so shots of Strega vs Voodoo battle leading up to pylon 9 and the finish.

This was shot from the corporate tent area.

https://cp.sync.com/dl/0a23f09a#qogR...JPVnE1ehIstg==

Comment

Strega was moving on.

https://cp.sync.com/dl/7d64bcfe#vpG3...wyQFxh+6Lljg==

Comment

Nice pictures Snap! But they do not tell us who won that race. I still find that shot linked to earlier in this thread to be quite convincing, because it feels to me like it was shot more square to home pylon than any others I've seen.

I'm not much of a fan of Tiger Destefani (though I'm a big Strega fan), but I do think it is pretty clear that Tiger finished first on Saturday.

Neal

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
                              Nice pictures Snap! But they do not tell us who won that race.
                              That's good! I think a picture that looks ambiguous where folks will ask "Who won?" and you can throw your hands up and say "You pick!" is a good conversation starter.

Comment

Working...
                              X