Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LiveAirShowTV webcast of the Races comments. Did anyone have any problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LiveAirShowTV webcast of the Races comments. Did anyone have any problems?

Excellent coverage of the Reno Air Races produced by LiveAirShowTV.com streamed by LiveStream on Friday. I was able to watch 2-3 hours of it on my smartphone through cell phone towers and on a desktop connected through a high speed connection .

I noticed my desktop stream was turning on and off. Not sure if it was my computer or why it was occurring. Did anyone have else have any problems?

For those who want to watch it on Saturday and Sunday, you can see it here:

Re: LiveAirShowTV webcast of the Races comments. Did anyone have any problems?

Watched from start to finish with only 2 glitches all day. The coverage was good. One request would be that they follow the aircraft to landing after the race is over. Listening to race control on LiveATC made it more like being there as I always have a scanner with me.
    Sky Critter

Comment

Watched from my Android phone at work yesterday and it worked great.

Today I watched from home and had mixed results.
      On Windows Internet Explorer it works great with never a hiccup. My Linux machine with Firefox works great for 30 seconds then it get the spinning thing like it is loading but it never comes back. I hit reload and it works again for 30 seconds and just repeats the lockup. Then I got greedy and wanted to stream it through the browser on my Samsung "smart" TV. The quality of the picture on the TV is awesome but the browser again screws it all up. Only this time it does it differently. The video is very clear but plays in slow motion and the sound is like an echo at 3Hz. I don't blame this on the coverage since it seems to be a browser playback issue for me.

In summary:
      I'll just watch it on my Windows machine and be glad I get to watch it at all.

Comment

No problems using a Roku streaming stick on the home big screen or on my old XP box running Firefox out in the shop. They went pretty much all day non stop. Average connection speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Critter View Post
          Watched from start to finish with only 2 glitches all day. The coverage was good. One request would be that they follow the aircraft to landing after the race is over. Listening to race control on LiveATC made it more like being there as I always have a scanner with me.
          Total agreement....I want to see the A/C safely on the ground....there's plenty of time to pay homage to the sponsor's...

coverage was very good...I watched all day with 2 glitches.

good work to LAS TV
          Last edited by Jim58; 09-12-2014, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bflynt View Post
            Watched from my Android phone at work yesterday and it worked great.

Today I watched from home and had mixed results.
            On Windows Internet Explorer it works great with never a hiccup. My Linux machine with Firefox works great for 30 seconds then it get the spinning thing like it is loading but it never comes back. I hit reload and it works again for 30 seconds and just repeats the lockup. Then I got greedy and wanted to stream it through the browser on my Samsung "smart" TV. The quality of the picture on the TV is awesome but the browser again screws it all up. Only this time it does it differently. The video is very clear but plays in slow motion and the sound is like an echo at 3Hz. I don't blame this on the coverage since it seems to be a browser playback issue for me.

In summary:
            I'll just watch it on my Windows machine and be glad I get to watch it at all.
            I can't remember what browser I was using on the desktop, but I could have been using Firefox and I think I had the similar problems you are describing. 30 seconds of video, then the screen would freeze with the spinning wheel. Click on the reload button, and you get 30 seconds of video and then the screen would freeze with the spinning wheel.

Comment

I am so thankful for coverage I hate to say anything critical. We could be waiting a week or more for someone to finally put a 17 second clip on youtube.

If I could give them any constructive advice I would ask the camera guys to pull back a bit to get multi airplanes in the shot. Also if there is less than 3 seconds between the planes let us see the gap. Watching each airplane in it's own shot feels more airshow, less race like.

Comment

I had a few freezes also, I eventually relocated to my most powerful computer which uses a cat 5 cable for internet instead of wireless, and it ran smooth the whole way through. My bluray player couldn't display it, got a message that there were too many items on the page to display. The computing power of these bluray, roku's etc. probably isn't much compared to a desktop computer of recent vintage. I did notice that on the F-22 show the camera man had it zoomed in too close, to where it was hard to see what it was doing with nothing but a small amount of blue sky behind it and no other reference points.

Comment

The coverage is great BUT-the camera for the show center should be down towards the pit area. They need to stick a camera out on the fence line for some closer passes. Show the startups and run ups when nothing else is happening. A walk through the pits in the evening would be nice, by someone that knows what they are looking at. And a tour of the F1, bipe, and sport hangars to show the "makers" side of things. On the positive side the coverage of the T6 races is incredible, really showing the close proximity of the racers like never before. I'm watching on ie explorer on Win 7 in the house and Win 95 in the shop. No glitches for the most part. Keep up the good coverage!

Comment

Working good on Firefox. Thanks to LiveAirShowTV for the coverage!
                    Robbie
                    Fly Fast Make Noise!

Comment

Saturday 12.55pm. The audio is fuzzy on an Android with Verizon.

Comment

they seem to hae some audion issues no matter what browser.....hope they get it sorted out.....

Comment

Working...
                        X