Reno '03 Images - One For The "Little" Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno '03 Images - One For The "Little" Guys

We promised this year to GET UP EARLY and get out there for some of the IF1 and Biplane races and, keeping with the saying that formed the years of our youth... "sleep is for dead folks"...

We managed to do just that on a couple of the four days that we're allowed out there..

Not a lot has been posted on this site, partly (mostly) due to the work we're doing helping promote the Nellis Air Show... In the doing of that, one of the tasks is to get together some images of the IF1 racers who are going to demo their class down in Vegas next month.. Gotta turn in and start again tomorrow but this one just begged a posting.. This is a pretty decent shot (if I do say so myself) of Ed Dutreaux in his Cassutt Race #33 "Slingshot"... to be completely honest.. I've been digging for images for a couple days and I honestly can't remember if this one is from this year or last.. but what to heck...

Nellis is going to be pretty awesome this year with a TON of Unlimited guys on the schedule, as well as, six IF1's, of which, most or all (the IF1's) will be on display downtown at the "Freemont Experience" from early week prior to the show at Nellis...

This is a gotta be there event !

Wayne
    Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Monitor Check

Hey quick question.. I have messed with my monitor settings so many times in effort to try to match my screen with my printer, I can't tell what looks good on the net anymore...

I used to run it quite dark, so I usually had to sort of guess at what would look best, without being too light.. (if I made it look right to me, it usually looked way too light for everyone else) anyway.. here's a lightened version of the above image, this one looks right on my monitor, the first one looks dark... which looks right to you guys.. (knowing everyone has their settings differently.... )

Thanks In Advance..

Wayne
    Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

One More Before Bedtime

Here's another, Birch Entriken in Race #50 "Scarlet Screamer" also one who is scheduled for appearance at Vegas!
      Attached Files
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

which one?

#2 looks lighter on mine Wayne. But, my monitor here at work is set funny too. Sit at it all day so it's set up a little dark with high contrast for drawing.

Leo
        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Number two is lighter on mine.

Clay
          Rare Bear Fan Sponsor

Comment

#2 is lighter on mine but I like #1 better...looks like truer colors.

Comment

Steady Color...

I'm on a network that will reset everything once you log off, and the color is always the same when you boot it up again.

In my opinion, #2 is lighter and looks better.

Comment

Prefer #1

Wayne, on my monitor at work, which I haven't calibrated in over a year (caveat emptor), #1 looks better, though a bit darker overall than I'd like. #2 has blown-out highlights on both the white wing and the red spinner and cowl.
                SteveZ

Comment

Scan Settings

No. 2 is lighter and just right for me. Excellent color.

Comment

Re: Scan Settings

Originally posted by Bill Larkins
                    No. 2 is lighter and just right for me. Excellent color.
                    Hi Bill.. on my screen, #1 is a bit too dark and therefore, somewhat muddy.. #2 is too light with blown highlights.. methinks somewhere in the middle is probably about just right..

Everyone sets their monitors different.. I just have more problems than most because of trying to match print profiles, which, as you know are totally different than web profiles..

And, because my eyes do better with a bit lower brightness settings.. I always tend to favor having to guess a bit rather than going blind faster than the 52 years of using the darn things is making them go anyway..

Good too hear from you!! And thanks for the compliment.. I'm working some images for a publication at the moment and they are looking pretty darn good, if I do say so myself.. I don't have time to share them here at the moment.. in fact.. I better get back to it!!

Wayne
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

........Wayne, just ask the "Doctor"......you need to use a shot of the TECATE Girls for a screen test!......

........(glad my 52 years hasn't taken that from me .......although popular symptoms show it goes missing)....
                      Mayday51
                      Jim Gallagher

Comment

Hey Wayne since you're polling...... on my monitor #2 is a little too bright but #3 (Race 50) seems just about right, it appears to have the best balance and most natural color of the 3 images. But then my monitor could be off some too. I prefer slightly darker to too bright especially if there's a lot of contrast colors in the pic.
                        Pat

Comment

Working...
                        X