Lockheed Bob Can't Miss Reno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockheed Bob Can't Miss Reno

I could not find the thread that sort of slipped by me, where Lockheed Bob said that he had some unforeseen medical bills that would keep him from getting to RENO this year...

Knowing that Bob has been an avid air race fan, and on scene participant, since and during the post war races in Cleveland, how can we accept Lockheed Bob not being at RENO 2014

I think we can hook him up with a bunk, now, if we can get him a ride... Where you at Lockheed? Folks coming by might have a seat for you..
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Lockheed Bob Can't Miss Reno

I have an extra bed at hotel and will provide it and give him ride to and from races if he can get there.
    Wayne, I agree we should step up and help him attend this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald McMullin View Post
      I have an extra bed at hotel and will provide it and give him ride to and from races if he can get there.
      Wayne, I agree we should step up and help him attend this year.
      That's very generous of you, Don.

I hope this effort goes well; what other help is needed?

Comment

if we could leave money at the nag ticket booth early in the week i can help chip in for his tickets...
        Todd Smith

Comment

Still have Box Seat Tickets for sale, but
          would love to give Lockheed Bob one with pit passes
          Ken

Comment

He hasn't contacted me yet to say he is not coming, so will call him ASAP, and he did send in his Release form as a volunteer.
            As a Docennt with the NAG program, Bob gets free Season wristband for Pit and General Admission. His assignment is the Heritage area and has access to their tent for food and drinks. is big expense wold be a room and gas money.

Comment

Just got off the 'phone with Lockheed Bob. All is arranged. He should be arriving on Wed to pick up his wristband and Docent shirt.
              Thanks for all your concern and offers - you guys "got 'er done" within minutes! Our racing family is fantastic. Love you!!!

Comment

How awesome is this thread?! Gotta love air race fans.
                You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Wayne I sent you 3 emails...

Get back to me.

$$

Comment

Originally posted by bikenutty View Post
                    Wayne I sent you 3 emails...

Get back to me.

$$
                    Hey Curtis, wuz gone all day polishing an airplane.. Shoot me your phone number..
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hey Lockheed Bob, looks like we've got you dialed except for your gas money.. I PM'd you, I'm pledging $100. from the aafo general donation fund, I think everyone would agree, that's one of the reasons for that fund!

Don't be shy, if you need more to get you there and back, speak up, we'll make it happen!

Did you get Donald's messages? He's got an extra bed and daily transport.. Donald is a REALLY neat guy, a huge supporter of the sport, you guys would get along really well.
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I want to thank Wayne & the AAFO community for all the help to get me to Reno this year I'm overwelmed by all this. If my old 2002 Buick makes it I should be there sometime Wed. I'm volunteering for Betty from NAG on Thur./Fri & the rest of the time in the F1 hanger by #69 & roaming the pits. Wayne & Betty have my cell #. Long time watching Air Racing since 1946 @ Cleveland.
                        Lockheed Bob

Comment

Working...
                        X