Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Office Space

Question??
    On Voodoo below the airspeed indicator, it looks like another manifold pressure gauge. It appears to have two needles, similar to a twin engine might have. What is this for? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
      Question??
      On Voodoo below the airspeed indicator, it looks like another manifold pressure gauge. It appears to have two needles, similar to a twin engine might have. What is this for? Thanks
      Tachometer

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
        Question??
        Good eyes. Dual pressure gage for secret pressures.

Michael

Comment

Michael,

Is the gate valve top left ADI control? I noticed both Will and Stevo making an adjustment coming down the chute in your in-cockpit videos. Thanks for your insight.
          "Lighten Up Francis....."

Comment

Good eyes. Dual pressure gage for secret pressures.

Michael
            You mean that one side is below the carb in the inlet and the other side is above the carb in the blower so you can see if the carby is acting as a choke? You mean that gauge.......

Comment

It's not the tach. The top row flight instruments are from left to right Tach, Manifold Pressure and Airspeed. Then right below the Airspeed is a dual needle guage marked manifold Needles are marked Left Right. ???? And they're reading approx 25" which would be approx ambient pressure at Reno, where I assume the picture was taken.
              Brian

Comment

Originally posted by boomtown View Post
                Michael,

Is the gate valve top left ADI control? I noticed both Will and Stevo making an adjustment coming down the chute in your in-cockpit videos. Thanks for your insight.
                The ADI is pre-set set with a jet for a desired flow. Stevo can add more ADI to the system with the knob if things get hot. I don't know where the name came from, but it's always been referred to as a "tweedle valve".

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow View Post
                  You mean that one side is below the carb in the inlet and the other side is above the carb in the blower so you can see if the carby is acting as a choke? You mean that gauge.......
                  Not quite correct...

Comment

Not quite correct...
                    Uh-huh..... you are also not correct about engine angles, about 15 years late.

Comment

Uh-huh..... you are also not correct about engine angles, about 15 years late.
                      I'm glad you know more than me about the gauge and pressure setup on Voodoo.

What merlin P-51 was set to zero thrust angle? Happy to be corrected. Although, it can't be done with shims.

Michael

Comment

If you recall who I worked for, you may figure it out. I also know the angle change can't be done with shims. There were also 2 other airplanes with zero angle wings. One has now been restored to stock and the other has not. The 1st zero angle wing was done it the late 70's.

If your not using the MAP gauge to check duct pressures, then it is being used for differential pressure to see if you have airframe air leaks stopped...

Sparrow

Comment

If you recall who I worked for, you may figure it out. I also know the angle change can't be done with shims. There were also 2 other airplanes with zero angle wings. One has now been restored to stock and the other has not. The 1st zero angle wing was done it the late 70's.

If your not using the MAP gauge to check duct pressures, then it is being used for differential pressure to see if you have airframe air leaks stopped...

Sparrow
                          Just for clarification, to make sure we are on the same page. When I state zero degree thrust line, that is in reference to the aircraft datum line. When people talk about wings and horizontal incidences, the same is true. It's all in reference to the datum. Voodoo did not change its wing. So, are you saying there was another merlin powered p-51 that moved the engine thrust line to the zero degree datum, which required engine mount modifications?

Michael
                          Last edited by Mluvara; 09-02-2014, 11:15 AM.

Comment

I understand exactly what we are talking about and I also know that the wing on your airplane is not moved. The answer to your question regarding the engine angle change is yes. I was merely making reference to the fact there have been 3 airplanes in which the wing has been moved.

Comment

I understand exactly what we are talking about and I also know that the wing on your airplane is not moved. The answer to your question regarding the engine angle change is yes. I was merely making reference to the fact there have been 3 airplanes in which the wing has been moved.
                              Interesting discussion. Is the identity of the Mustangs that have had the wings zeroed out top secret-classified-illegal info to post here? If not, I'd love to know which Mustangs you're talking about.

Comment

Working...
                              X