New airrace.org site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New airrace.org site

The Reno Air Racing Association has been organizing the National Championship Air Races for over 60 years, promoting its storied traditions and pageantry.

Having built a marketing site or two, I'll first say it looks slick and well laid out.

Maybe I should stop there and be thankful for small things, but...

You'd think that if you were promoting air racing ,the photos would try to capture the excitement of the sport. Maybe a pic of Strega, Voodoo and Bear ripping through turn nine headed for home. Anyone reading this board could go to their hard drive and find a hundred pictures more exciting that what they've chosen. You have to go deep into the site to find one pic of a non-stock unlimited. The only "race" shot on the home slide show is a low bank angle T-6 race.

Rant over.

Re: New airrace.org site

Originally posted by tim View Post
    www.airrace.org

Having built a marketing site or two, I'll first say it looks slick and well laid out.

Maybe I should stop there and be thankful for small things, but...

You'd think that if you were promoting air racing ,the photos would try to capture the excitement of the sport. Maybe a pic of Strega, Voodoo and Bear ripping through turn nine headed for home. Anyone reading this board could go to their hard drive and find a hundred pictures more exciting that what they've chosen. You have to go deep into the site to find one pic of a non-stock unlimited. The only "race" shot on the home slide show is a low bank angle T-6 race.

Rant over.
    I'll give a bit to refine it into shape, as it is a pretty major make over....and we'll see how their "Comments" page works, and if they respond to my message. I just kinda figure that Precious Metal deserves a place on the Unlimited Gallery page as much as some of the teams that haven't been there for a number of years....;>. Kudos to the effort it took to move things forward....!

Comment

That is far and away better than the old site! I love that shot of the Bearcat!
      Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by tim View Post
        www.airrace.org

The only "race" shot on the home slide show is a low bank angle T-6 race.

Rant over.
        Really? The shot of Sport Class Race 66 was taken out at the sticks.
        Last edited by Propellerhead; 08-19-2014, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X