Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you look like? HANGARTALK USER PICTURE / ID TAG thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you look like? HANGARTALK USER PICTURE / ID TAG thoughts?

Hey, fair is fair.. for many years, I wore a "Wayne Sagar" tag.. somebody dissed me online somewhere, that I was pulling a "HEY look at me, I'm WAYNE SAGAR" deal.. I guess I'm too thin skinned, I quit wearing it..

It would be really nice to be able to automatically look at someone and remember who they are when you only get to see them once or twice a year. I'm not afraid to admit, at 63 with a touch of oldsheimers and chemo brain, I can't always remember you's guys when we meet up at RENO..

I think just about everyone here knows what I look like, you guys willing to post a photo or two of yourselves? If you're not comfortable doing that.. could ya email me one?

Another thought Section 3 folks have t-s to identify themselves to each other, some of you sport spiffy AAFO.COM Hangartalk hats.. but nobody has name tags.. Anyone interested in doing that? aafo nametags? We could come up with a design that you could print and then stick into one of those little plastic sleeves that you can either hang around your neck or pin on yourself...

Anyone got one of those badge makers?

I think I must have hung around the Bear Cave too long, I don't seem to catch fire for RENO until about the last 3-4 weeks before the event... Guess I miss the last minute thrash LOL!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: What do you look like? HANGARTALK USER PICTURE / ID TAG thoughts?

Just so happens that we also own a laser cutting and engraving business. We can manufacture name tags with the magnetic or pin backs. Again, let me know if we can help.
    Sky Critter

Comment

Generally, if you introduce yourself to someone, they'll offer their name.

Like you Wayne, my memory isn't as good as it once was, so I find myself introducing myself more and more often (Hi, I'm Chris...).

It really only "bites" when you see your reflection and introduce yourself, um, to yourself (please don't ask me how I know).

Comment

I think a nice badge would be good............could have a pic of a Cub on it I'd wear it !!!

Brian

Comment

Let me say it before someone else does:

WE DON'T NEED NO STINK'N BAwDGES

Ok, there.........still think the cub idea is a good one though.

Brian

Comment

A decent size pin that just says "AAFO" would be good for a hat or shirt....then at least you would know its somebody from this group.....

Comment

Originally posted by LoveOldPlanes View Post
              A decent size pin that just says "AAFO" would be good for a hat or shirt....then at least you would know its somebody from this group.....
              Yea but that's sort of just like the hats.. you'd know it's someone, likely, from the forum but you'd be stuck as to WHO you are talking with..

I try to get everyone at parties to wear name tags... LOL... you'll understand when you get old..

Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I'll probably be the only guy there with a "Cub" hat on
                Brian

Comment

Name tags ........if you decide on that, would be nice to have both the name they use on here, and their real name.
                  Brian

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
                    Name tags ........if you decide on that, would be nice to have both the name they use on here, and their real name.
                    Brian
                    +1 for that!

Comment

Funny thing is more people and fans call me Wild Bill Kelso than by my real name. I guess once I'm in the gate my alter ego is all that matters.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Wild Bill Kelso; 08-14-2014, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Same with me as "Lockheed Bob" as I have a long last name. As long as the beer is cold.
                        Lockheed Bob

Comment

More people recognize the dog than me. Anyway we'll both be there!

Comment

Im easy to spot. I'm the guy with some random air race t-shirt, a broad brimmed hat, dark glasses and a beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
                              Funny thing is more people and fans call me Wild Bill Kelso than by my real name. I guess once I'm in the gate my alter ego is all that matters.
                              That's because you remind us so much of the character you're named after.. truly, a wild and crazy, multi talented guy... "come back airplane!!"

See ya in a couple weeks, breakfast guy might have his Nanza down in the heritage.. stay tuned...
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X