Is this the official unlimited list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the official unlimited list?

So is this the official unlimited list and there will not be any additions?

Re: Is this the official unlimited list?

Looks about right...
    Called it from the beginning, Tobul and Lawrence bringing a full race Miss America. It says Lawrence is the alternate but from the sounds of it they sounded like they're brining different planes. Maybe a "wait and see for now". Guess it still doesn't appeal to the slow planes, hope we get a gold race on Friday
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Just looked through all of the lists. A few surprising things, no race 33 super legacy in sport, and no September fate either... These are two that were gonna provide some intense competition and I thought they were coming. What's up??
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
        Looks about right...
        Called it from the beginning, Tobul and Lawrence bringing a full race Miss America. It says Lawrence is the alternate but from the sounds of it they sounded like they're brining different planes. Maybe a "wait and see for now". Guess it still doesn't appeal to the slow planes, hope we get a gold race on Friday
        Heard in the last week or two that Miss America was not coming (disclaimer-can't recall where). I believe it was due to carryover issues from 2013 as far as RARA and/or the UNL class rules.

Is Sawbones going to be ready (didn't they have a gear issue)?

Comment

Originally posted by omalley1537 View Post
          Heard in the last week or two that Miss America was not coming (disclaimer-can't recall where). I believe it was due to carryover issues from 2013 as far as RARA and/or the UNL class rules.

Is Sawbones going to be ready (didn't they have a gear issue)?
          Can't find the link now, but saw over at FB that Miss America had been sold and was coming with a new owner...?

Odd how many aircraft have had gear issues the last couple of years. They had many (if not all?) the Mustangs do gear swings at tech inspection last year- maybe everybody should have to do it......

Comment

15 on the list, at least 4 of which are still firmly in the "maybe" group.

Comment

Just looked through all of the lists. A few surprising things, no race 33 super legacy in sport, and no September fate either... These are two that were gonna provide some intense competition and I thought they were coming. What's up??
              Brian Raberry decided to retire from racing, so September Fate is up for sale.

Comment

Marilyn Dash did a little write up about some of the sport planes on her blog and she says that Andrew Findlay and Lynn Farnsworth will be rocking Super Legacies (probably about the same stature as Race 33 is). They both qualified solid 350's last year so the work being done may put them as relevant contenders as well. Just a little to look forward to
                Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Marilyn Dash did a little write up about some of the sport planes on her blog and she says that Andrew Findlay and Lynn Farnsworth will be rocking Super Legacies (probably about the same stature as Race 33 is). They both qualified solid 350's last year so the work being done may put them as relevant contenders as well. Just a little to look forward to
                  Farnsworth's airplane has been Andy's primary focus this year and has a brand new race engine. I don't think Findlay's airplane is built to quite the same spec yet, but he does have new turbos and a few other tweaks. What was the fastest 33 ever ran? I would think that several current racers are faster now.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                    15 on the list, at least 4 of which are still firmly in the "maybe" group.
                    Which 4?

Comment

I'd say there are still questions over Strega, Sawbones, Miss A and Czech Mate at this stage.

Comment

no 352 on the sport list either...
                        looks like it was updated with 352 now there.
                        Last edited by thunderstangfan; 08-12-2014, 09:18 AM.
                        Todd Smith

Comment

Originally posted by PowerByPackard View Post
                          Which 4?
                          That's what I was wondering? Miss A and Sawbones?
                          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

77 Has had the engine running on a test stand. I am guessing this is within the last week. Assuming all went well they are gonna be at crunch time as usual.
                            Figure middle of this week at the earliest to get the engine to Reno, a week to install then flight testing/break in.

Comment

If you look under the "race data" tab for each class it outlines all of the planned heat races. I was thinking they may have just brought a "template" from last year but it appears to be what the planned for this year. (Ex: 4 sport class heats and 3 jet class heats). And it shows they plan on a bronze as well as Friday gold race so maybe they hope for more to come?
                              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
                              X