Bill Whitlatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Whitlatch

Sadly, one of the good ones flew off into the sunset last week. My friend, Bill Whitlatch hit power lines and was killed while flying a crop dusting aircraft for work. Bill was a guy who knew which way the wind blew. He helped me and my team at the air races at Reno and we enjoyed long chats on how to make a junky old Yak go faster. Bill had been racing Reno for many years and I have always been surprised that he wasn't the guy climbing into the cockpit. He was certainly overqualified for that mission. Bill is survived by his loving wife Julie, family and if you knew Bill, you knew Julie and you knew they were as in love as much as much as the day they met. I will miss Bill very much.
    The service will be on August 15 in Klamath Falls.
    Will Whiteside

Link to obituary and service information:
    Attached Files

Re: Bill Whitlatch

I am in shock right now, I have always looked forward to seeing Bill and Julie each year. We would go each dinner together at a out of the way Greek resteraunt. If you knew Bill, it was nothing fancy (paper plates). Bill was one of those special people that you meet in your life that you will never forget.

My prayers are for Julie and Bill's extended family.

Comment

I too am in shock.. I interviewed Bill many years ago (a story still in progress) and he shared his experiences building, what is now, Czech Mate... always just a super person who lived for flying.. He was the kind of guy who you always felt you'd known forever.

He was so good at what he did, I can hardly believe that he is gone.
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

"Blue Skies" to Bill & prayers to family & friends. He will be greatly missed to all in the air racing community.
        Lockheed Bob

Comment

No Words...Really a bad day
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
            I too am in shock.. I interviewed Bill many years ago (a story still in progress) and he shared his experiences building, what is now, Czech Mate... always just a super person who lived for flying.. He was the kind of guy who you always felt you'd known forever.

He was so good at what he did, I can hardly believe that he is gone.
            Wayne
            At some point when ready, would appreciate if you share your interview of Bill with the rest of us.

Comment

First met Bill when he and Bob brought out the yak. He always took time to say hello and chat. Very sad.

Comment

Sorry to hear he is gone Will, it was a pleasure working with him on your crew.

Jason
                Jason Schillereff

Comment

Working...
                X