RareBear image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RareBear image

One last attempt before I ask Wayne for help.
    Attached Files

Hey, worked like a charm!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wow, beautiful pic. How in the h#ll could you get a shot like that? Looks almost like from a chase plane, or was it?
      Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

Is there a bulge on the left wing or am I seeing a reflection? Gun Bay seal? What?

Don Hatten
        Rare Bear FanSponsor

Comment

Shot from the top of the home pylon during a qualifying run by my frien, J.T. Ochcialini. This was his first time at the races and he was working as a timer. He told me that he thought he was going to get run over as he was looking through his 400mm telephoto and that accounts for the blurriness!

Mike A.

Comment

Originally posted by hattend
            Is there a bulge on the left wing or am I seeing a reflection? Gun Bay seal? What?

Don Hatten
            Rare Bear FanSponsor
            Don, I *think* if you look close, it's actually the shadow from the fuse... the part that looks like a bulge is actually the light shining through the canopy...

I've got fairly well lit shots from similar angle (well, at least part of the airplane ) and I think that is what it is...

Stuff shot from the top of the pylon is very hard to get, both in *getting* there as well as getting the shot! If it's windy, the darn thing rocks like your car antenna at speed! Had to abandon ship up there in June.... it was so windy, the pylon was rocking around in a circle against the slack in the eye bolts that it's mounted on..

Not a really good feeling I seriously could not stand it was moving so much!

I've never been invited up there during an actual race... that would be a hoot!

Wayne
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

da Bear!

This shot should be framed....

Any way I can get a high res pic or print?

Thanks,
              Critter
              Sky Critter

Comment

That is an AWESOME photo!

Comment

Bear pic

That picture is awesome! I have been a long time lurker on this site and this is one of the best pictures I have ever seen here.
                  nice job,
                  Will

Comment

Pic

Hey Mike, great shot! I was wondering if it might be possible for me to buy a print off you?

Stacy Thomas

Comment

Print requests

To everyone requesting a print - I should have a better image of this in a couple of weeks when J.T. gets back to Reno. He'll have the original negative and I should get a better scan. I don't think prints should be a problem, but I'll have to ask him first. Hang in there; I should have an answer in a couple of days. If I can't get good prints, I'll do a higher res scan and e-mail them out. Wayne - am I breaking any rules here?

Mike Arnold

Comment

Re: Print requests

Originally posted by fenceliner01
                        Wayne - am I breaking any rules here?
                        Not that I can see. As long as we stay within the boundries of copyright usage rights granted by the owner of the photo... which I'm assuming, as you've said, you have permission to use the image as you have so far, I see no problems.

Wayne
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Fenceliner, would youplease put me down for a print as well.... Thanks
                          Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

Me Too! Me Too!
                            Great shot!

Leo Smiley
                            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

I would also be interested in getting a nice print.

Don Hatten
                              Rare Bear Fan Sponsor

Comment

Working...
                              X