X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miss "A" is back !

Miss America with Doc Hisey at the controls have brought the
    "sweetheart" of air racing back from the brink of being scrapped
    by last years engine failure...They deserve high fives for all the hard work on rebuilding her in record time
    She won silver race #7 at Reno...

Color???

What is Miss America's new paint scheme look like anyway? I didn't make it to Reno and I havnt seen any pics of her yet. You wouldn't happen have any would you?

By the way... I thought Miss America didn't finish lap 4, how did she win silver then???

Comment

Comment

oops

Is that link correct?

Comment

Don't think the link worked... I've sort of not really tried to publish much of Miss A's paint job since it would be like shooting a lady when she first gets out of bed.. not quite ready for the world..

It' wasn't really a "new" paint job, it was a work in progress.. Base coat on, some blue and the name.. Brent told me that he had a choice between the race motor or the paint job.. Motor won...

Here's a look at her from Pylon 8...

Wayne
          Attached Files
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

paint

Miss A. Needs Stars & Stripes somewhere

Comment

Re: paint

Originally posted by bent
              Miss A. Needs Stars & Stripes somewhere
              I'm pretty sure by the next time we see her (Nellis Air Show) she'll be all dressed and lookin' fine!

Wayne
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

"New" Paint

I overheard Brent telling another fan that the new paint scheme will be very similar to the old one. The blue is a little lighter than the original and the curving "stripes" along the fuse will cross various points a couple of inches higher (or was it lower?) than the original, but the basic look will be the same as before. This is backed up by Wayne's photo. If you look, you can tell they just painted the parts that came off the plane easily like the top cowl and the scoop inlet, but those match the colors of the original scheme.
                Bill Garnett
                InterstellarDust
                Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

Went there today...

Hello all,

I have not posted in a while, but I did drop by the hangar at OKC of Miss A today as Brent taxied to the hangar in his Yak-3.

Brent hopped out and gave me a big hug, making me feel like I am still a part of his crew. He is such a class act!

The airplane is in the paint shop at the moment, and Brent told me that the tail is going to be painted "diffferent". He just grinned and said I would like it. I am sure I will.

I can not wait until the new paint scheme is revealed. I love that airplane.

Glenn S. Bloom

Comment

Good to finally meet you this year G.S. and thanks for the ride back to the Bad Attitude camp on the Cart......glad you didn't get busted man....
                    Randy Rheinschild
                    www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

Working...
                    X