No announcement yet.

Planes of Fame Airshow this weekend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planes of Fame Airshow this weekend...

Two F-22's from TY just arrived at CNO this afternoon. Made a few flyby's and lots of great noise. Fuddy Duddy already here. Waiting for the rest of the group to arrive tomorow. The wind has finally calmed down and is out of the west again. Clear skies and no overcast. It's going to be a blast!

Re: Planes of Fame Airshow this weekend...

Been glued to this all day! (Don't need a FB account by the way..)
    POF Facebook
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Man looks like a really good show!
      Random Air Blog

Comment

3 long flights with 2 weird layovers to get here from Florida. Will be at the show on Sunday and am looking forward to it. Anyone else going t be there...? I'll be sporting my Precious Metal polo shirt for the day, hope to run into anybody.

Comment

Surprised that Rod Lewis' P-47 didn't make it. Is it not airworthy at the moment?
          Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
            Surprised that Rod Lewis' P-47 didn't make it. Is it not airworthy at the moment?
            I was surprised as well, maybe had some weather/ mechanical issues?? Never seen that plane in person before sad she couldn't make it, regardless fantastic show once again!!
            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
              They had some squawks that prevented it from making the trip.

Comment

POF was, as always, a great show this year - one of if not the best warbird show in the US.

I put a couple short phone videos on my facebook page (john knolla) of the Raptor takeoff, Horsemen P-51D overhead pass, Northrop N-9M Flying Wing, and the excellent Heritage Flight with a P-38, P-47, P-51D and F/A-22.

The Horsemen also flew a 3-ship F-86 demo that was just super graceful. The Tribute to the Mighty Eighth was incredible.

Only Sean D Tucker and Rob Harrison for civilian acts this year and no solo warbird acro although I was expecting Dennis Sanders in the Fury. I love the smoke generators on the Fury - I think Eddie Andreini (RIP) created them for his awesome Yak-3 but am happy to be corrected if my memory is wrong.

'Gimp
                sigpic
                1987 Yakovlev Yak-52
                Comm-Instr, High-Perf/Complex, TW

Comment

Originally posted by AcroGimp View Post
                  POF was, as always, a great show this year - one of if not the best warbird show in the US.

I put a couple short phone videos on my facebook page (john knolla) of the Raptor takeoff, Horsemen P-51D overhead pass, Northrop N-9M Flying Wing, and the excellent Heritage Flight with a P-38, P-47, P-51D and F/A-22.

The Horsemen also flew a 3-ship F-86 demo that was just super graceful. The Tribute to the Mighty Eighth was incredible.

Only Sean D Tucker and Rob Harrison for civilian acts this year and no solo warbird acro although I was expecting Dennis Sanders in the Fury. I love the smoke generators on the Fury - I think Eddie Andreini (RIP) created them for his awesome Yak-3 but am happy to be corrected if my memory is wrong.

'Gimp
                  The smoke generators on Argo are the Smokewinder system that was designed and built by Sanders Aeronautics.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                    The smoke generators on Argo are the Smokewinder system that was designed and built by Sanders Aeronautics.
                    http://www.sanderssmoke.com/
                    Thanks for the correction, maybe on Eddie's Yak was the first time I saw them.

'Gimp
                    sigpic
                    1987 Yakovlev Yak-52

Comment

Was there for both days. Just got home to San Jose.
                      An excellent show. Best format and show ever for the simple appreciation of big pistons and spark plugs.
                      Absolutely Bitchen"! Consistent fly-bys, without trying to shock the crowd. The perfect showcase to see the largest demonstrations and hear the sounds of some of mankind's greatest engineering and the workmanship of many of today's restoration and maintenance.

My vote for the best performance goes to the The Horsemen Mustangs! Three Mustangs, tight formation, in very graceful and precise performance. Similar show and performance with the '86s. But the Mustangs added another level of beauty that cannot be compared.

I hope that there is some discussion in the works to get the Horsemen Mustangs to Reno.

I'll recommend this show to anyone, any chance I get.

Thanks to all for putting it together.

Tim

Comment

The Horsemen at Reno would be awesome! Don't think it will happen as Steve already has his hands pretty full during race week.
                        Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by AcroGimp View Post

Only Sean D Tucker and Rob Harrison for civilian acts this year and no solo warbird acro although I was expecting Dennis Sanders in the Fury.
                          'Gimp
                          John Collver did his routine in his SNJ5 Wardog both days. While it's not a fighter, it is a warbird.
                          Cindy

Comment

Originally posted by wardog View Post
                            John Collver did his routine in his SNJ5 Wardog both days. While it's not a fighter, it is a warbird.
                            Cindy
                            You are correct and I am a big fan of John's show in 'Wardog', not sure why it didn't register when I was going back through my recollection of the show - maybe because he didn't race any jetcars this time.

'Gimp
                            sigpic
                            1987 Yakovlev Yak-52

Comment

Some pictures here: http://www.globalaviationresource.co...-airshow-2014/
                              Random Air Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X