Rare Bear 3 View drawings or plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Bear 3 View drawings or plans?

I am looking to build an electric powered rarebear, Does anyone have any access to 3 view drawings? Or maybe some plans drawn up? Thanks
    Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Hi John,
    Thanks for coming out to visit the ARA basecamp. It was a pleasure to meet you and I hope we made you feel welcome. Sorry you couldn't come back out, but glad to see you made it home okay.
    As far as the drawings go, hmmm, I know I've seen some somewhere, but I will have to do some research. I am sure there are a couple in one of the Air Racing books I have. I'll get back to you on that one. I am thinking it is in a Mendenhall (sp?) book that is really a good reference for alot of aircraft. You might also look at Scott Germain's website. He may be able to help.
    Bill aka: Air Race Addict

Comment

"Air Racing enthusiast Taichiro Yama****a has released 1/48 unlimited drawings of Rare Bear, Critical Mass, Precious Metal / World Jet, The Red Baron, Voodoo, Dago Red, Tsunami, Roto-Finish Special, Hughes' Racer, Furias, Strega and Conquest One. Drawings available to other enthusiast for only $5 US per set plus $4 shipping and handling.
      Contact Taichiro at Taichi@bea.hi-ho.ne.jp"
      I have some of Taichiro's drawings they are very detialed. He had some on Pylon1 (R.I.P.) and on warbirdaeropress
      I searched Google for Taichiro Yama****a and found his drawings in a few places. Hope this helps.
      http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
      http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

If you're interested in a commercial Rare Bear electric model, you can see one at

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/rarebear.htm

I don't think it has the current paint scheme though.

That same site also now has an rc model for Strega.

Comment

Bear Plans

John, try this link and see if it's what you had in mind.

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

For an added bonus, take a look at the calendar wallpaper.

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

If you have any problems, email me and I'll try to send them to you directly via email.

Bearfan1
          One more blade and a little less roar, Team Rare Bear ROCKED in 2004 !

Comment

Do it the easy way! Get one of Jim Ryan's Rare Bear kits. It's a built-up speed 400 kit that is an excellent flyer. With a brushless 02 motor, it really screams! It is NOT a park flyer, but if you want great handling, speed and acro, it's the one.

For more info, visit: http://home.fuse.net/ryan/

Peas
            Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
            World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Hello and thanks to all that replied. Bill it was very nice to meet you and the gang. I really enjoyed the hospitality. You can count on me revisiting yall there next year. The plan is to take the week of and after the races off work so I can drive out and really soak it all up. I will bring my tent, my sun screen, my lawn chairs and maybe a few flying toys beings I saw somebody out there with some electric planes. Maybe we could get our own Lil Reno races started. Oh by the way Bill, I will bring a bottle of tequlia to replace the stock of which you lent me.....
              Marauder61, thanks for the info. I will email him and see what he has.
              Declmans, I have seen that one but it is too small for what I am looking for. Thanks alot though.
              Bearfan1, got the plans printed out and now I have to find a way to blow them up. Very good plans I might add.
              Peashooter, I think you might be right , alot of trouble saved with this one. It looks very scale although I think the canopy is alil small. Guess I could build the kit and then use the plans and go ultralight with a scratch build.
              I will keep yall all informed on the project and thanks agian for the help.
              Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

Bigger is better

John,

What I might do, the relative term here being " might ". is to download the larger version, put it on a floppy or disc, and go up to a print shop like Kinko's. and have them print it out for you. Think they can resize it to your specs too. Just a thought.

Duane
                One more blade and a little less roar, Team Rare Bear ROCKED in 2004 !

Comment

Thanks, that does sound like a great idea. Will try it...

Comment

Working...
                  X