Sunday Gold Race 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Gold Race 2013

Well here it is, the race everyone’s been waiting on, I think it turned out pretty good and I hope everyone enjoys!! There is a little bit of swearing at the end but I thought I would leave it in as I think it adds to the emotion of the moment.
    The final Gold race of 2013 saw a nice mix of fast planes ranging from the small giant killer Yak-11 'Czech Mate', all the way up to the beast called 'Dreadn...

Jason
    Jason Schillereff

Re: Sunday Gold Race 2013

This is great stuff Jason, and should be widely distributed. Thanks a bunch!

Comment

Glad you shared it. Great Stuff!

Comment

Great Video..thanks for sharing
        Brian

Comment

Jason,

Outstanding job! Many thanks as always! All of your efforts to acquire the footage from various angles and splice together a compilation that is a very telling representation of the races are greatly appreciated. The overtaking segments were amazing to watch. Love it...

Take care and best regards,
          Bob
          Triple-B

Comment

Thanks everyone!!! Next up will be some cool shots from last years Planes of Fame show.

Jason
            Jason Schillereff

Comment

Great video! Thanks Jason!

Comment

Jason,These are the videos I show to friends who have never been to the races. Great work!
                Brad
                Windy Hill GA83

Comment

Awesome video! Really great job Jason.

Without ruffling too many feathers (I hope)... It seems the start was rather, uhh, not line abreast. Lets put it that way. I know everybody is busy twizzling their granades, I mean engines, up to power so formation flying is a real bitch. But wow, I think it would have been a much closer race if everyone else had caught up to when they were released. Probably finished the same, but would have been closer the first few laps.

Anybody care to share what their briefed chute speed is? Maybe backing it down a bit around the mountain would get everybody closer for the start.

I have been on the end of the whip a few times with a chute speed up at redline, so my race pretty much started with 20 degrees left to go in the turn for the chute! lol But regardless I got it there each time when we were released and it makes all the difference in the world how the first turn plays out and the subsequent few laps. What sucks is your flying off the guy to your left, and if he gets sucked, it is VERY hard to leave him behind and get line abreast, while still keeping your contract with with him because he is NOT looking for you at all.

Also, guy/gal, he/she, him/her, to be correct. My formations with Vicky Benzing were awesome and it was me trying to get in place where she already was.
                  Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

Once again, thank you so much for your time and efforts to share this with us!!!

Don

Comment

Love it! "Is that fu..... cool or what?" Enuff said!

Comment

Very nice! I think the word spoken at the end was totally right to keep in!
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

There should be a sponsorship opportunity with that can at the end

NASCAR teaches us that when a charismatic, young, second-generation champion drinks a beer and swears on camera after winning the big race, everybody wants to buy something with that racer's name on it.. and maybe some of the beer too

You guys got the product placement right... As the man always says after lap one of an Unlimited Gold Race, "Take that NASCAR"

Comment

That end should be a super bowl commercial!
                            A bit of footage to set it up, the call for a beer and pow!

Also not to ruffle any feathers or disparage anybody's abilities in the least, but that race was won in the chute.
                            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
                              That end should be a super bowl commercial!
                              A bit of footage to set it up, the call for a beer and pow!

Also not to ruffle any feathers or disparage anybody's abilities in the least, but that race was won in the chute.
                              That race was won on Friday with the unfortunate deadline cut. Strega was so much faster than the field that Matt had no choice to fly where he did to safely pass all the traffic. Had Matt not been DQ'd, Sundays Gold Race would have been one for the ages. Oh Well....always next year...........we hope!
                              "Lighten Up Francis....."

Comment

Working...
                              X