1914 Benoist seaplane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1914 Benoist seaplane

The Benoist reproduction Kermit Weeks plans to fly across Tampa Bay January 1st is finally taking shape. What was just recently an assortment of wood and metal parts, is actually starting to look like a plane. The flight on January 1st celebrates the 100th anniversary of the birth of the commercial airlines industry on the same date back in 1914. Pretty cool.

Re: 1914 Benoist seaplane

Originally posted by KippersUK View Post
    The Benoist reproduction Kermit Weeks plans to fly across Tampa Bay January 1st is finally taking shape. What was just recently an assortment of wood and metal parts, is actually starting to look like a plane. The flight on January 1st celebrates the 100th anniversary of the birth of the commercial airlines industry on the same date back in 1914. Pretty cool.

http://youtu.be/VXgzhhaFaoY
    Good find! Amazing what we can see on the net these days.. Pretty much HD output from any computer with an HDMI output..

Kermit's place might just be THE place that could support a "reality" TV show... Would be on my favorites list!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne......that's a great idea....would be my number 1 show for sure.
      Brian

Comment

Kermit posts updates on the Benoist, among other things aviation, regularly on his Facebook page. He has quite a collection.

Kermit Weeks. 89,784 likes · 2,726 talking about this. When “i” grow up. “i” want to be ME!

I kind of like the quote in his about me section which states "when I grow up, i want to be me."
        Bill Garnett
        InterstellarDust
        Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

Working...
        X