Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I saw a unicorn today, a twin Mustang........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw a unicorn today, a twin Mustang........

anyone want to guess where?

Re: I saw a unicorn today, a twin Mustang........

Air Force Museum?

Comment

Is that one on display? Thanks for guessing supercub but it's further south. Southeast to be exact. Good guess!

Comment

Douglas GA?

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
          Douglas GA?
          Bingo! It looks good.

Comment

I've seen pictures online, looks beautiful....amazing workmanship. Do they have any idea when it might fly? Did you get any pictures to share?
            Brian

Comment

I've seen pictures online, looks beautiful....amazing workmanship. Do they have any idea when it might fly? Did you get any pictures to share?
              Brian
              You know I didn't today Brian. I will try to get back by there but to tell you the truth, they are working on it in a Quonset Hut that is not even big enough to get the tails on so it's hard to get a good picture of it. You can't get far enough back to get much of a shot.

Comment

Those pictures on the site are great!

Comment

it looks like a small area in the pictures........are they located at the airport? Any idea when it will fly?

Comment

it looks like a small area in the pictures........are they located at the airport? Any idea when it will fly?
                    Yes KDQH. It looks like they probably have a year or more to go. Most of the right wing structure is built but the skins need to be fitted and installed. The left wing is in the process of getting the ribs fitted. They have a good crew and they work on it regularly so they may get it sooner because it looks like the wings and tail are the last things they need.

They have larger hangers there that have larger projects in them. I imagine they will be moving over there when the time comes to fit the tail.

Comment

That must have been fun to see.

Originally posted by wyhdah View Post
                      Is that one on display? Thanks for guessing supercub but it's further south. Southeast to be exact. Good guess!
                      I was there this weekend...there are actually two on display in different galleries.

Comment

What! All this talk but no pictures. Get Victor out there. The Sani-Hut (Racer)in a Quanset Hut Hut Hut Hooray.
                        Lockheed Bob

Comment

Tom's updates online and on the Warbird Radio podcast have been fascinating. He could easily be a radio personality, tells great interesting stories. Download the podcasts with him on it they are worth hearing and have made my car trips fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
                            What! All this talk but no pictures. Get Victor out there. The Sani-Hut (Racer)in a Quanset Hut Hut Hut Hooray.
                            Sorry this is late.

Comment

Just to make it a bit easier for everyone else to find:

To view our monthly newsletters, just click on the month below.  We hope you enjoy reading about all of our progress on the restoration of...

You could easily spend an entire evening on that site.

Comment

Working...
                              X