Aviation Nation - Nellis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aviation Nation - Nellis

A lot of excitement building for Aviation Nation 2003 at Nellis. Did not make Reno again this year (NAS/JRB Willow Grove on the same weekend) but heard that the racing was great!

The air show world is a-buzz with talk about Aviation Nation, the demonstration races and one of the finest air shoes in the world. Many air show junkies have included Aviation Nation on their "must see" rosters for 2003.

I know that there has been some controversy regarding the "demonstration" status of the races, but I can tell you from first hand experience, there are no forgone conclusions about the finishing order!

Wayne is right, the waiver and regulations do not permit "throttle to the firewall" racing at Nellis, but none of these race bred pilots travel to Las Vegas to come last... As the laps build, so does the siren song of the Rolls Royce Merlins and the Wright R-3350's. All the thrills are there, and I experience the same surge of adreneline on the announcers stand at Nellis that I did at Reno!

I'm looking forward to catching up with a lot of friends from the air racing world at Aviation Nation 2003.
    Gordon Bowman-Jones

Re: There's an airshow there too?

Originally posted by tvrphoto
    Wow, I was originally just going to go for the parties! So you say there are going to planes there too?
    Parties??? What's a party? Will there be airplanes there?
    Gordon Bowman-Jones

Comment

Re: Re: There's an airshow there too?

Originally posted by Gobojo

Parties??? What's a party? Will there be airplanes there?
      Oh Man... Gordon! Nellis is growing into the "gotta be there" event of late 2003!

Reviewing the scheduling for this year doing updates for http://nellisairshow.com (.org) I'm just amazed at the stuff that is going to be there!

Gonna call "Tige" asap... "Tiger... get that engine in man.. this is gonna be the party of the year!"

Demo racing.. yea.. not really racing but... Gordon, you and I have seen it, first hand, at Osh (and elsewhere) as well as Nellis..

Tell the truth.. For this old guy's ears/eyes, it's evey bit as much as a thrill to see the airplanes and pilots having the time of it on the "course" at a demo race as it is at a "real" race.. but, actually, probably, for me and them.. it's one hell of a lot more fun on the demo course!

Engines don't (usually) break, people don't get hurt and it's just a ton of fun!

If any race fan who has a fix need does not make Nellis 2003.. well.. you're just gonna have to wait longer for that fix!!!!!!

See ya there "Gordo!"

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
      X