Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"World's Fastest Motorsport".... Red Bull Air Races?? Really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "World's Fastest Motorsport".... Red Bull Air Races?? Really?

Oh boy... http://www.redbull.com/mea/en/storie...onship-returns these guys not only stole the concept of inflatable pylon racing using waivered acro pilots, now they want to steal the title that belongs to RENO??

Who drinks Red Bull anyway? Hey, if you gotta have what's in those things, great... there's plenty out there that cost less and keep the HUGE soft drink profits in the USA!

Too bad there's not enough money in the RARA war chest to fight this one!

I smell an email campaign here!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: "World's Fastest Motorsport".... Red Bull Air Races?? Really?

I'm not so sure Wayne..

Air Racing, is the world's fastest Motorsport. Yes we view this as Reno, and certainly the Unlimited class. But really, the Red-Bull events are still technically an 'air race'. (I know it's more like a time trial)

I believe any type of air racing circuit, can and does work in our (Reno fans) favor. Remember they face similar political and financial concerns. Perhaps there are lessons we/RARA could learn from them?

Just my small $.02
    - Joseph

Comment

Originally posted by Idaho_cowpony View Post
      I'm not so sure Wayne..

Air Racing, is the world's fastest Motorsport. Yes we view this as Reno, and certainly the Unlimited class. But really, the Red-Bull events are still technically an 'air race'. (I know it's more like a time trial)

I believe any type of air racing circuit, can and does work in our (Reno fans) favor. Remember they face similar political and financial concerns. Perhaps there are lessons we/RARA could learn from them?

Just my small $.02
      - Joseph
      Agreed 110%.

Comment

From the RB page "World’s fastest motorsport series", series being the key word. But I bet you a coke that the NHRA is still faster.

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
          Who drinks Red Bull anyway? Hey, if you gotta have what's in those things, great... there's plenty out there that cost less and keep the HUGE soft drink profits in the USA!
          I quite disagree good sir, nothing I've found "Made in the USA" does what RB does and tastes the way RB tastes. Stuff like Monster, Rock Star, and Amp all have varying tastes (most of which I find disgusting) and don't give me the boost that RB does. 5-hour energy tastes like saccharin sweet fairy piss to me, to the point that I can't even fathom drinking it again. How do you think the NAG executive team made it to and from Reno this year? Red Bull.

And German engineering.

Which was assembled in Mexico.

Fueled by foreign oil.

On Korean tires.

With Japanese lighting.

Using Chinese-built electronics for navigation.

See where I'm going with this?

Comment

To bad RARA could not work with Red Bull and schedule the Las Vegas RBAR on Sept 6/7 which would tie well with Reno 10/14. This would result in the aviation racing world would be focused on Nevada during the month of September which would be a win win for both events.

At this time the Dallas RBAR is on Sept 6/7.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald McMullin View Post
              To bad RARA could not work with Red Bull and schedule the Las Vegas RBAR on Sept 6/7 which would tie well with Reno 10/14. This would result in the aviation racing world would be focused on Nevada during the month of September which would be a win win for both events.

At this time the Dallas RBAR is on Sept 6/7.
              I think that would be a great idea! Or maybe they could have demonstration races at each others venue. Can you imagine Red Bull air race fans being exposed to a Merlin or 3350 at race power for a photo pass?!
              Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by gordonronco View Post
                See where I'm going with this?
                Yea, ya commie barsteward!
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Bigger Al
                  The RB Air Race thingy was at Reno in 2004, I think. I thought it was pretty neato, especially in comparison to the usuall ho-hum airshow stuff we get most years. The crowd around us was about 50-50 for and against, but an event like that is needed to draw younger fans into the sport.

Love 'em or hate 'em, Red Bull does some interesting and spectacular events, and their "air force" is a very nice collection.
                  I am with you, Al. RB makes lots of money on their...errr...drink and they spend some of it on aircraft. And they seem to continue to do this. Maybe some here like RB racing and some don't, but if RB could save Reno in some way shape or form, I would drink the...stuff...or give it away, anyway. Clearly, few sponsors are stepping up....I am one that enjoyed the RB air racing...it is a form of air racing...and it beats the heck out of the SAAB driving team. If RARA folds, ask me if I would come to Reno to see the Redbull National Air races...including jets with ABs and swept wings.

Comment

Red Bull holds the races simply to promote their product. Their product is something that everybody can afford. Nice as they are, I can never see myself purchasing a watch from Brietling. Far too many other things in my life that money must go to before getting a watch of that caliber. Red Bull also has a whole series of events, from motorcycles to cars to boating...etc. Each of these events has the sport as a center piece and a carnival atmosphere around it. Its a great approach, and allows them to draw people back and forth between events from a group of people who would probably never attend all of them; simply because they say to themselves "Oh hey, Redbull is doing an event here. The last one was fun, let's check it out."

I find a great number of people who like Reno Air Racing very negative towards Red Bull Air Racing. I don't care, I like both. It's not the format that matters so much, its the way they present it to the public that has given the ability for them to expand their series across the world, instead of having one event a year. They have proven it is possible to take a type of Air Racing and interest the world in it.

Does it really matter who claims "The World's Fastest Motorsport"? NO. It should be a battle for "The World's Most EXCITING Motorsport".

Comment

Regarding "The World's Fastest Motosport": I was at the US Grand Prix in Austin,Tx and ran into one of the "brothers". I was wearing my PM shirt, he was sportin' a Strega shirt and we shared a little chuckle about how they were goin' on about a record lap of 130 mph when we knew about 500 mph laps. RENO is truly the FASTEST motorsport!

Comment

Originally posted by V1670 View Post
                        Regarding "The World's Fastest Motosport": I was at the US Grand Prix in Austin,Tx and ran into one of the "brothers". I was wearing my PM shirt, he was sportin' a Strega shirt and we shared a little chuckle about how they were goin' on about a record lap of 130 mph when we knew about 500 mph laps. RENO is truly the FASTEST motorsport!
                        Sorry, but Reno is NOT the worlds fastest, Bonneville is and probably always will be.......
                        "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Originally posted by t-dub View Post
                          Sorry, but Reno is NOT the worlds fastest, Bonneville is and probably always will be.......
                          If turbine powered record runs are considered a motorsport than I would assume that military aviation is the worlds fastest motorsport.

Comment

The piston powered land speed record is 437.183 MPH set this summer: http://www.racecar-engineering.com/news/speed-demon-smashes-land-speed-record/

Now if you are talking jets then yes Bonneville is faster.
                            Random Air Blog

Comment

They run 500 mph LAPS at Bonneville?....that I'd like to see!

Comment

Working...
                              X