American Spirit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Spirit

I was just looking a Warbird Aero Press and saw some people talking about Matt Jackson's "American Spirit". Anybody over here know anything about that project?

What about Darrel Greenamyer's "Shock Wave"? Wasn't that a scratch built 3350 powered project also?

Shockwave

Greenameyer's Shockwave was to be a 4360 powered racer, using Sea Fury outer wing panels (new center section), scratchbuilt fuselage and F86 tail (I think). I don't believe it's making any progress, but I'd love to be wrong about that.

Comment

Some years back, Greenameyer had a booth in the exhibit area at the races. In that booth was a wood carved model of his racer "Shockwave".

What a beautiful aircraft.

Comment

Here is a pic. of American Spirit.

Comment

Thanks

Duane E, thanks for the photo. That's the best one I've seen, especially since it's of the whole airplane. I'd love to read the rest of the article, too. Please, do me the honor of the favor of posting it!

Comment

There's a chance I'll be down Matt's way before too long. If it's possible to set up something with him to go get some photos, would you guys be interested ?

I can't promise! (that I can get there) I'm facing a really expensive repair or replacement of my main tool... if there's room in the travel budget or if a little project I'm working on pays off.. (and/or I manage to sell a few prints.... hint hint ) and if Matt has it somewhere where I can get to it.. well.. I'd certainly love to see it and stirr the interest up a bit...

Sometimes, publicity can be a good thing ey!

<begin subliminal message>buyprints buyprintsbuyprints buyprints buyprints buyprints buyprints buyprints buyprints</end subliminal message>

Wayne
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne,

I think at least one or two of us would be interested in pictures of American Spirit! It would also be cool to hear from Matt about it's progress.

Jay

Comment

American Spirit

Funding has been completed and work to complete American Spirit will begin upon completion of a current project nearing its completion. I suspect we will be under full swing by January.

Comment

Re: Thanks

Originally posted by FlyKidChris
                  Duane E, thanks for the photo. That's the best one I've seen, especially since it's of the whole airplane. I'd love to read the rest of the article, too. Please, do me the honor of the favor of posting it!

Thats all I have on the article, It left me hanging too!! Cant wait to see the finished product, looks like it could be a gold winner!

Comment

article

for the whole story try these,

Derrek

Comment

Here is the entire article from General Aviation News & Flyer back in September of 1996:

Comment

Darn.. beat me to it on my own site!

Comment

American Spirit

The article states that the nose gear is from a F-100.... Nose Gear? This monster doesn't look like it will sit on tricycle gear to me.

Comment

I have the same question about the gear. A tricycle gear. I wonder where the main gear is located.

One thing to remember, that photo was taken with a wide angle lens. So the perspective is a little distorted.

Comment

Thanks

Duane E, Derreck, and Rich H; thanks for the info. I bet I'm not the only fan that appreciates it.
                              Now, if only, I could be sipping some "American Spirit Ale" while ordering my t-shirts from the team web-site...

Comment

Working...
                              X