Miss Merced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miss Merced

I was looking through some photo albums that I have for reno, and was wondering when Miss Merced last raced at reno?

Re: Miss Merced

Originally posted by airtj View Post
    I was looking through some photo albums that I have for reno, and was wondering when Miss Merced last raced at reno?
    2000 was the only year it raced under the ownership of Bolander/Michaels.

Comment

Did it land gear up recently or ground loop?
      Random Air Blog

Comment

Gear up from what I heard.

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams View Post
          Gear up from what I heard.
          That makes two damaged Sea Furys Eric Woelbing owns now!

Comment

Originally posted by CJAM427 View Post
            That makes two damaged Sea Furys Eric Woelbing owns now!
            Do you have inside info? The registration has still not changed to his name if he does indeed now own Furias.

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinqu...umbertxt=4434P

Miss Merced registration:

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinqu...Numbertxt=878M
            Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
              Do you have inside info? The registration has still not changed to his name if he does indeed now own Furias.

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinqu...umbertxt=4434P

Miss Merced registration:

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinqu...Numbertxt=878M
              As far as I know it's not really inside info... What I heard was that he bought the plane for a steal and then was upset with the condition it was in...

Comment

As far as I know it's not really inside info... What I heard was that he bought the plane for a steal and then was upset with the condition it was in...
                Yup. That's pretty much it. Thought it was just a 'gear up landing'. Bought it sight-unseen. And then had a fit when he realized the extent of the damage.

So that's two racing Sea Furies we'll never see again.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                  Yup. That's pretty much it. Thought it was just a 'gear up landing'. Bought it sight-unseen. And then had a fit when he realized the extent of the damage.

So that's two racing Sea Furies we'll never see again.
                  Brad, you just don't see his vision. He is going to join them at the wing, with Furias on the right, and make the most bad-ass racing Fury ever. It will be "Furias Miss Merced." The extra power of the 4360 on the right side will aid in the turns. Not since Team Wang and Double Threat has a racer been so poised to completely dominate the sport.
                  Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
                  Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

I've reached out to one of my contacts in Waukesha to see what's going on with the Furys...

Comment

Originally posted by W J Pearce View Post
                      Brad, you just don't see his vision. He is going to join them at the wing, with Furias on the right, and make the most bad-ass racing Fury ever. It will be "Furias Miss Merced." The extra power of the 4360 on the right side will aid in the turns. Not since Team Wang and Double Threat has a racer been so poised to completely dominate the sport.
                      Wow, sounds like Sanihut with 2 Griffons might be in trouble.

Comment

I've reached out to one of my contacts in Waukesha to see what's going on with the Furys...
                        Cool. I have a feeling we probably won't ever see either of them at Reno again, but I have been wrong before!
                        Random Air Blog

Comment

Here's a pic my good friend Don Hausen was kind enough to let me share with you all. It was taken this last August, it was just a static display...

Comment

Still one of my favorite racers, and one I've never seen. I just really like the paintjob. Hopefully both Furias and MM will be seen in the future and perhaps at least one of them racing again.

MM really would have a good visual presence on the race course. I'd love to catch that shot.

Will

Comment

Here's a pic my good friend Don Hausen was kind enough to let me share with you all. It was taken this last August, it was just a static display...
                              Thanks for sharing! Sure would look even better on the ramp at Reno.
                              Random Air Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X