Czech Mate Groundloop, Sherm is OK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Czech Mate Groundloop, Sherm is OK

Got word that Czech Mate groundlooped on arrival at Shafter yesterday, Sherman is Ok, Airplane not so much.

Hope to see them up and running soon. One of my favorite airplanes out there and they had it scootin this year.

Re: Czech Mate Groundloop, Sherm is OK

Any word on how bad the airplane was damaged?

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
      Any word on how bad the airplane was damaged?
      Sudden stoppage is never good.

Comment

Report from Scotty G. on warbird aero press is "gear torn off, airplane bent".

Comment

That just sucks after all the hard work and their great performance this year. At least Sherman is OK. Those guys really had it together this year. Let's all hope the best for the plane and the team. Go Team Czech Mate!
          Last edited by hm66sk; 09-17-2013, 10:55 AM.
          "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

Does that mean they had to hire a crane to lift the plane onto a flatbed truck, then take it to their hanger, off load it with the crane, get it back inside the hanger (how do you mange that when you cannot roll it on its wheels) then begin to assess the damages?

Will they be able to do the repairs in their hanger or will they have to truck it to a repair facility?

How did the accident occur? Are planes with tail wheels difficult to control on landings?

Anyone want to estimate the cost to get the plane back into the same condition? I'm thinking $50,000-100,000.

Comment

Sure sorry to hear this. Any idea which brake? Saw something at the races Sat that would make me guess the left...

Comment

Originally posted by Chessman View Post
                Sure sorry to hear this. Any idea which brake? Saw something at the races Sat that would make me guess the left...
                Right side failed at Shafter.

Comment

Working...
                X