Bear landing on Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bear landing on Saturday

The Bear seemed to be pretty hot landing on rwy 8 after the Saturday Gold heat. By the touchdown zone markings I started hollering for Stu to get her shut down since there is no overrun to speak of that direction.

I think he must have heard me but it still appeared that he turned off at the end with more energy than usual. Did he land long, fast or both, or was there a braking problem?

By comparison, the Bear's Sunday's downhill landing on 26 seemed well under control even with the big crosswind (and btw kudos to Sherm for getting Czech Mate down in that after a go-around... PM put his tail down a little early and got the upwind wing airborne for a few seconds of excitement).

Anyone else notice Saturday's landing or know details?

Re: Bear landing on Saturday

Through the grapevine I heard that the bears engine was cutting out when pulled back, some thing to do with the fuel computer.

Comment

Originally posted by airtj View Post
      Through the grapevine I heard that the bears engine was cutting out when pulled back, some thing to do with the fuel computer.
      There is no "fuel computer", or anything close.

Comment

Originally posted by Dialtapper View Post
        There is no "fuel computer", or anything close.
        Oh yes there is.... right next to the blinker fluid (something to always check before a race )
        Mark K....

Comment

Carb issue...
          bob burns
          ex tow-3, now race 66 crew
          "dont mess with texas"

Comment

Bubbles in the fluxfluid.

Comment

Thats the same problem I have when I get bubbles in my "Beer" a lot of back firing.
              Lockheed Bob

Comment

Working...
              X