Ad timing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ad timing

It is great to have a live feed, but I wonder how long you or me could keep a job using the kind of judgment that went into the timing of the advertisement that just happened to coincide with the start of the race?

Re: Ad timing

The timing had nothing to do with judgement. It was a set time after you start the feed. I had two feeds going at once, so it wasn't an issue...

Comment

Originally posted by RichH View Post
      The timing had nothing to do with judgement. It was a set time after you start the feed. I had two feeds going at once, so it wasn't an issue...
      Somebody needs to take manual control of it so the ads don't interfere with the most important parts of the event. The automation is a major flaw.

Comment

Originally posted by SkyvanDelta View Post
        Somebody needs to take manual control of it so the ads don't interfere with the most important parts of the event. The automation is a major flaw.
        The automation is out of control of the people involved in the races... the people involved in the timing probably don't even know what air racing is. I am just happy that we had a good quality feed this year.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck View Post
          It is great to have a live feed, but I wonder how long you or me could keep a job using the kind of judgment that went into the timing of the advertisement that just happened to coincide with the start of the race?
          This kind of comment just makes my skin crawl! It's a f u c k i n' computer inserting into a live stream when it thinks it should. The producer is sitting in an 8x10 trailer with a bunch of screens in front of him trying to feed you the most entertaining and informative view of what's taking place in front of him.

Frankly, I'm amazed at some of the comments I'm reading here.
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

All I can say is thank you for the coverage. Could not attend this year but having the live feed was great!
            Brad
            Windy Hill GA83

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
              The producer is sitting in an 8x10 trailer with a bunch of screens in front of him trying to feed you the most entertaining and informative view of what's taking place in front of him.
              FOR FREE! I was thrilled with the coverage. Every time someone would complain I could only think of the Louis CK bit, feel free to delete but its never been more appropriate. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pYOJsPOcVA
              I am the Mouse

Comment

Buy a magazine 2 months from now. That's how the information used to be distributed. The fact that you're complaining about a live video/audio feeds quality is astounding. Put up or shut up. In other words if you can do it better do it or stop complaining. F*****g soccer games with no winners have essentially castrated us as a people.

Comment

This kind of comment just makes my skin crawl! It's a f u c k i n' computer inserting into a live stream when it thinks it should. The producer is sitting in an 8x10 trailer with a bunch of screens in front of him trying to feed you the most entertaining and informative view of what's taking place in front of him.

Wayne, it the same type of people that complain to you, you give them a free product and they bitch about how YOU have to pay for it. If people want ad free broadcast they need to pony up for pay per view.
                  bob burns
                  ex tow-3, now race 66 crew
                  "dont mess with texas"

Comment

So sorry if I made your skin crawl'!!! I started my comment with it is great to have a live feed". Can you remember that part? Sorry if I am sooo uninformed that I did not realize that it's a f u c k i n' computer inserting into a live stream when it thinks it should. Please forgive me for not being as well informed as the rest of you genius's are. And since everyone is so happy with the status quo, let not anyone hope to ever make it better. Good God, what a tight assed bunch. And since we are going to be throwing around 4-letter words-I do not give a **** or a **** what you think. You could have gotten the point over to me without having to be such an obvious anger-issues asshole. Amazing what some people will type whilst sitting behind the safety of their keyboard.

Comment

Me angry? LOL!

Your comment was simply a straw that broke this man's patience with some of the commentary I've seen..

I started my comment with it is great to have a live feed". Can you remember that part?
                      Uh Huh... annnd...

You finished it with:
                      but I wonder how long you or me could keep a job using the kind of judgment that went into the timing of the advertisement that just happened to coincide with the start of the race?
                      We're not going to go to war discussing this further here, but if you're going to brand me in need of anger management help, I will point out that your comments could be taken as antagonistic. Again, see above "straw" comment
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I started this topic without having any idea how the timing of the ads had nothing to do with the action taking place. I, out of my own ignorance, assumed some human cut to an ad at the most inopportune time, which if had been true, would have been inexcusable. I stand corrected and would have never written a smart assed sounding statement if I had known the facts. I would in all sincerity like to thank RichH and flyingsailor for educating me in an informative and civil manner before going for my jugular.
                        Chuck

Comment

And you're telling ME to tone it down...? Really?

I sent an e-mail to live TV applying for a job next year...no...really! If you dont' know what you're doing...get some input from folks who know.

Greg Stark AKA: GregS

Comment

Only a couple of days ago, at a bicycle club meeting, I mentioned how if the personalities at odds with each other were sitting with each other at a table, how easy it would be to come to an agreement. Basically we all are after the same thing. Unfortunately the same spirit of co-operation does not exist on any forum that I have been a part of.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck View Post
                              I would in all sincerity like to thank RichH and flyingsailor for educating me in an informative and civil manner before going for my jugular.
                              Chuck
                              You're welcome, Chuck. But actually... I left my own nastygram on LiveTV'a FB page. Not maligning the feed, mind you... just questioning the wisdom of their sponsor mindlessly pushing the same, stupid commercial not once, but TWICE in a row at set intervals. It certainly wasn't making me want to rush out and buy me some Advil at Target any time soon. In fact just the opposite, as I am making it a point not to. EVAR!!! Haha...

Comment

Working...
                              X