Rare Bear 4
    Precious Metal 5

No lap cuts

Re: Voodoo Wins!

Was it a close race at the end?
    Random Air Blog

Comment

No... Matt had to start too far back and there was no way he was going to catch up.

Comment

Congratulations to Bob Button, Stevo, and the entire Voodoo crew. You finally did it!!

Kevin

Comment

Congrats to Team VooDoo: Bob,Steve,Kerch and the rest of the gang. And MAN!, was Matt movin'!!! Kinda makes you wonder what woulda happened if qualifying would have gone smoother for Team Strega. Also, what if 232 was in the mix? WHAT A RACE!!!

Comment

Guess those mods on the bear didn't work. 1995 was a fine vintage, I'll sit back and think about Dago, Strega and a 3-bladed Bear coming down the valley. Fast is fast, Steve jr and Kerch just proved it. Hats off to that crew. Is Steve back working on the airplane yet?

Comment

Originally posted by RichH View Post
              No... Matt had to start too far back and there was no way he was going to catch up.
              The question is, how hard were they each pushing? The interval didn't change the entire race, if they'd started side-by-side, they'd have finished side-by-side. Unless either had been willing to use more "wick," or even had more wick to use.

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
                Was it a close race at the end?
                8 seconds between Voodoo and Strega. About 1 mile in distance.
                Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 09-15-2013, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Closed the gap? Matt was passing the field like they were tied to a fence post but Steve checked out. The gap never changed once Matt was in 2nd. Steve ran the first lap at 500mph then backed off to 487 or something close to that. Too bad Matt had the canopy incident cuz Strega is fast and Matt knows how to turn the pylons. Got to hand it to Voodoo and Steve. They came prepared and executed their game plan perfectly. Bear turned in another sub par performance. Hope they get a new engine program this year and start tomorrow...not in June. PM will come ready next year, hopefully with a trailer carrying a spare motor. I feel bad for Hoot. He really out performed Bare all week with half the resources. Give it up for Czech Mate. They were strong all week. It's going to be a long 12 months!

Comment

Originally posted by RichH View Post
                    It was an absolutely NOBLE effort by Matt Jackson In Strega to get to the front! He never backed off, kept it cobbed till the end, this was a race of the century!

Hat's off to Matt Jackson and the Strega Air Racing team!
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Matt told me he was full throttle and I heard there was 158 inches being pulled!

Comment

Originally posted by John H View Post
                        Matt told me he was full throttle and I heard there was 158 inches being pulled!
                        I was standing on a platform in the GA area shooting it.. never really looked like it was "over till the last lap. Matt kept the pressure on, if Voodoo had broken, Matt was in the kitty's seat.. I was PUMPED yelling and shooting, so was everyone around me! Great racing!!
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

You gotta hand it to Stevo. He quietly does his job without apparent fanfare and does it mistake free. The young man is good. Sure he's had the priviledge of being on top notch teams but he is no slouch either. Five championships at what, 24? Wow! That's one heck of an accomplishment. In his own words it's the team effort that makes the win, but he definitely does his part very well.

Matt and Strega got behind the 8 ball with a mistake and an unfortunate failure. I didn't think they could make it up in the final and turns out that was the case. Great effort by Team Strega though.

Although the unlimited had an abreviated schedule, one has to claim 2013 a success. No mayday's and no cuts in the final!

GP

Comment

Originally posted by gp70442 View Post
                            You gotta hand it to Stevo. He quietly does his job without apparent fanfare and does it mistake free. The young man is good. Sure he's had the priviledge of being on top notch teams but he is no slouch either. Five championships at what, 24? Wow! That's one heck of an accomplishment. In his own words it's the team effort that makes the win, but he definitely does his part very well.

Matt and Strega got behind the 8 ball with a mistake and an unfortunate failure. I didn't think they could make it up in the final and turns out that was the case. Great effort by Team Strega though.

Although the unlimited had an abreviated schedule, one has to claim 2013 a success. No mayday's and no cuts in the final!

GP
                            Totally agreed. Well run and well planned race.

Stevo is 26 right now though, not 24. He was 22 when he won for the first time in '09.

Comment

Originally posted by CanIFlyIt View Post
                              Stevo is 26 right now though, not 24. He was 22 when he won for the first time in '09.
                              I wasn't sure. Thanks for the correction.

GP

Comment

Working...
                              X