Vodoo's Crack Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vodoo's Crack Block

Any ideas on when/if Voodoo makes it out of Reno. Matt said he hadn't put any power to it when it went......but he said broke a rear motor mount, threw the rods and here is a crack.... sorry she didn't have a better year with everyone else running hard.
    Attached Files
    Randy Rheinschild
    www.Unlimitedair.com

I was running stock military power which was the same power all week. It was running perfect and temps and pressures were also perfect. It broke a rod on lap two on the back of the course. I was laying back to see who broke first and move up accordingly. So much for my plan. The engine quit almost immediately and the broken rod punched through the case breaking the mount. Engine replacement is under way and plane should be out of Reno in a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt J
      Engine replacement is under way and plane should be out of Reno in a few months.
      Matt, do you know if Bob still plans on bringing the airplane to Vegas in November<?> something like 50 some odd days away?

Good seeing you again, sorry about the outcome Sunday!

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

voodo's crack block

Matt:
        Greetings from Westhampton Beach, NY. I'm sorry I did not make it to Reno this year, especially after meeting you and the AN-2 this Spring. Baranaskos just did a head and bank on his airplane for the show we had out here this weekend. Man, really sorry you had such bad luck this year. You were really smokin!
        Champ 19 on the street. Will send you some shots to the shop.

Comment

voodoo

i was at the valley of speed on saturdasy after the race and as voodoo passed over it was trailing smoke, not spraybar or anything like that.
          it looked like oil smoke, but quit about the time he turned base. I was too buisy watching the others to snap a picture but was suprised to hear later the engine was ok. just my 2 cents but it sure did look good burning up the pylons.

Comment

I forgot to say....

Matt,
            I forgot to add that you did a wonderful job of putting her back on the runway. We are all glad that you had a safe landing so that you may go back another day and show her abilities (and yours) off again. My video shows some nice runs of the week for Voodoo and you smokin' some laps.

Randy R.
            Randy Rheinschild
            www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

Working...
            X