• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New racing class at Reno

- - - - - NEWS FLASH - - - -
    Dateline Reno, NV
    September 14, 2003

Tom Camp dismounts from his beautifully restored FM-2 Wildcat after winning at the Reno National Championship Air Races. Showing blinding speed and unbelievable finesse around the pylons, it was decided that Camp and his Wildcat should be in a class by themselves. Therefore, another class of racers has been added to the mix and Camp thereby claims himself to be winner of the "Pewter Class".

And that's the latest news from a broad!!
    Attached Files

I have to admit it was nice to see SOMEONE behind Sparky!
    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Kit built Wildcat

I wonder if anyone might "kit" (and sell at least 5) Wildcats; it would be competitive in the Sport Class.
      On a serious note, It was great to see one at Reno. Thanks Tom, et al. All we were missing was a Hellcat...

Comment

Wild Cat

I hope you fans noticed that the Wildcat was the second racer to get the checkered flag behind "Precious Metal" in the Bronze race.
        Who da thunk that!!

Actually we wanted to be the first racer to start in the Bronze race and finish in the Silver race. But we didn't have enough racing gas. We're going to use the drop tanks next year.

Wayne, Race 2 crew

Comment

history

Could Air Racing history be made by entering and being last in TWO races on the same day? Would Tom have to join the start or could he just continue making up laps? The two he would complete between races and the one while they joined up would allow him to only finish one or two behind....
          It WAS great seeing the Wildcat fly. it may be slow but it is pure class.

Leo
          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Fun Airplane!

A VERY fun airplane to see, on the course, or off... ahh.. anyone else notice the "dirty" gun ports!!!! Hey.. don't let this one get behind ya!
            Attached Files
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Very Fun!

Another look and what I get for trying a new lens at an event... I was ALL over the place with the new lens, which is about 1/4th the weight of my old Sigma....
              Attached Files
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

'Cat With Attitude

I really enjoyed seeing this plane fly. It may not the biggest, loudest, or fastest but it definitely has an attitude.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X