Fence Line Issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fence Line Issue?

This morning about four cars were parked at the culdesac and the Airport Authority stopped on the airport side of the fence and informed us that we had to move 500 feet back from the fence/show line. We were told that the FAA would shut down the Air Show if we didn't. There was suppose to be a chalk line on the road to mark the 500 foot mark which wasn't laid down yet. Those camping alone the fence line didn't seem to be affected as it appeared they weren't moving back. I would guess security would have to be present to enforce the 500 foot Show Line or the Sherif. Just my two cents.

John

Re: Fence Line Issue?

Yet more lame-o ninny-nannying. At least I can say I remember when...

Comment

I say B.S. If they're not enforcing it, I'm not moving. I've been going to the fence for 35 years, and I will continue to do so. The FAA has no jurisdiction OUTSIDE of the fenceline.......Not to mention that 500 feet is farther back than the houses in that area. Again I say B.S.
      Last edited by t-dub; 09-11-2013, 07:07 PM.
      "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

I agree with you T Dub. The Feds can order us to war and kill people yet are so concerned about our safety at a sporting event! I ride my dirtbike on BLM land east of the course. Someday they will want to regulate that. Oh my God, someone may get hurt!

Comment

Working...
        X