Any word on Strega?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any word on Strega?

Have they gotten the new canopy installed?

Re: Any word on Strega?

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
    Have they gotten the new canopy installed?
    Not in the pit or on the ramp. ???

Comment

From Facebook:

"Canopy is in Stead, but it's one whole piece. Meaning windscreen and canopy have to be placed on existing mounting area then cut......"

And:

"New canopy for Strega is on site; entire unit has to be fitted and cut. It's one piece, so both parts of the old windscreen and canopy have to be removed, new unit installed, trimmed, cut and cleaned up. Lots of work... Best of luck to the team to get it going."

Qualifying deadline is noon today. Otherwise they start from the back. On the question of whether they'll make it or not:

"Time will tell.

"But, even if they don't... I think they'd start at the back of the pack and have an easy time bumping into the gold at minimal power. Once in the gold, I'll bet $100 I don't have that Matt will hammer the **** out of it and end up near the front. Now, Voodoo, on the pole so far, will have to run race power (not TNMP) to merely stay there. Strega has catching up to do when it comes to time, fixing, qualifying and racing - not the best place to be, but not impossible, either.

"If this turn out to be the case, Matt has 232, Bear, Czech Mate, and Dreadnought - possibly and probably - Precious Metal to get by. That's a ****load of passing. And I know Matt's up for it..."
      Last edited by CanIFlyIt; 09-11-2013, 11:29 AM. Reason: Added quote

Comment

Everyone loves a "Cinderella" story! I have my Favs. (PM, Voodoo) but this could be a great storybook year! I'm really Praying we have a safe year! There's going to be a few people pushing very hard!!

Race 29
        Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Maybe apples and oranges, since I raced dirt cars and not these machines....
          But there is NOTHING better in racing than winning from the back of the pack!!!! IMHO

.....ok, maybe throw in last corner pass for the win after going through the field....
          Fledgling Air Race and P-51 Junkie

Comment

[QUOTE=CanIFlyIt;114327]From Facebook:

"Canopy is in Stead, but it's one whole piece. Meaning windscreen and canopy have to be placed on existing mounting area then cut......"

And:

"New canopy for Strega is on site; entire unit has to be fitted and cut. It's one piece, so both parts of the old windscreen and canopy have to be removed, new unit installed, trimmed, cut and cleaned up. Lots of work... Best of luck to the team to get it going."

Qualifying deadline is noon today. Otherwise they start from the back. On the question of whether they'll make it or not:

"Time will tell.

"But, even if they don't... I think they'd start at the back of the pack and have an easy time bumping into the gold at minimal power. Once in the gold, I'll bet $100 I don't have that Matt will hammer the **** out of it and end up near the front. Now, Voodoo, on the pole so far, will have to run race power (not TNMP) to merely stay there. Strega has catching up to do when it comes to time, fixing, qualifying and racing - not the best place to be, but not impossible, either.

"If this turn out to be the case, Matt has 232, Bear, Czech Mate, and Dreadnought - possibly and probably - Precious Metal to get by. That's a ****load of passing. And I know Matt's up for it..."
            [/QUOTE

Sounds like Strega is gonna do a lot of flying on Saturday in order to transfer to the Gold race for Sunday - should be interesting!
            1960 Piper Comanche

Comment

On Friday's race he should be able to get a good lead on the start and motor around. Still taking heartbeats out of the engine but nothing as bad as a Gold level warp speed run. Matt's a great stick so it shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

Not long ago there was a very fast Mustang that had to race in from the back...and that was a cool sight Raising a glass to that guy tonight

Comment

Originally posted by N22252 View Post
                  Not long ago there was a very fast Mustang that had to race in from the back...and that was a cool sight Raising a glass to that guy tonight
                  And it was one of the best things I have ever seen. He made it look easy, let's see how Matt makes it look
                  Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by N22252 View Post
                    Here here. It was pretty cool.
                    "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

Did they say why it broke?
                      Random Air Blog

Comment

Pics of the new canopy going on:

Sorry for the blurriness, I was a little quick on the draw and didn't let things come into focus like I should've.

Comment

Blurriness or not, that is a beautiful sight. Thanks for posting it up!

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Trap View Post
                            Pics of the new canopy going on:
                            Sorry for the blurriness, I was a little quick on the draw and didn't let things come into focus like I should've.
                            Wow.. they made a bunch of progress from when I looked in about 3:00 or so... Right on guys!!
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Was out on the East Pylon during Unlimited Silver. Strega certainly bought it to the rest of the field. Saw a good number of passes on the far back side of the course at 1.5 laps into the race. It certainly made clear the huge amount of difference between Gold and Silver for Unlimiteds to me. I was shaking and short of breathe for some time after the Race from the experience of being out there taking photos. Had the great honor of being around some of the most amazing photographers out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X