No Gold races until Saturday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Gold races until Saturday?

Just read where the top dogs will not race on Friday, but Saturday and Sunday only. With only 14 unlimiteds and two Gold heats, I'm feeling a bit better about not being able to make it this year. That said, I hope that the Saturday and Sunday Gold races are two for the ages, and the Bear finds a bit more HP before then!

Re: No Gold races until Saturday?

On the bright side, with the previous wear and tear of 4 races. I think with 2 races they will push and race harder.

I expect to see some of the best racing ever.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 09-11-2013, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Sad to see, but would not get too excited that the races will be very good this year (again).
      Greedy owners wanting to limit the field, keeping the slower racers like the P-40's (of JCP), and Corsairs, FW-190's, Spitfires, Messeschmitts, etc. from showing up.
      Who wanted to see those flying around the pylons, eh?
      Enjoy what you can.
      Probably be the last one. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by toldjaso View Post
        Sad to see, but would not get too excited that the races will be very good this year (again).
        Greedy owners wanting to limit the field, keeping the slower racers like the P-40's (of JCP), and Corsairs, FW-190's, Spitfires, Messeschmitts, etc. from showing up.
        Who wanted to see those flying around the pylons, eh?
        Enjoy what you can.
        Probably be the last one. Sad.
        Well you know "it is what it is". The 50th is a big deal to me, so far its been great and since my glass is always "half full" vs "half empty" I expect the next 5 days to be full of good memories.

Last year there were some really good races in the other classes. One jet race in particular was outstanding. The T-6s are always fun, and what about the sport class - great stuff.

Go PM go
        Go VooDoo Go

Last edited by Desertdawg; 09-11-2013, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
          Well you know "it is what it is". The 50th is a big deal to me, so far its been great and since my glass is always "half full" vs "half empty" I expect the next 5 days to be full of good memories.

Last year there were some really good races in the other classes. One jet race in particular was outstanding. The T-6s are always fun, and what about the sport class - great stuff.

Go PM go
          Go VooDoo Go

Good Point!
          I forget that not everyone is here just for the heavy iron.

Comment

Official schedule shows 'Gold Heat' for Friday evening...

Comment

Regardless of what they call the heat, aren't there only 14ish planes? if they only run 2 heats that still includes everyone, no?

Comment

There had no pairings set until now on the RARA homepage but the race data shows the Silver Heat 1A race on thursday and from friday to sunday two unlimited races each day (Silver and Gold). When does Strega need to fly (did not qualified)?

Florian

Comment

Originally posted by Idaho_cowpony View Post
                  Official schedule shows 'Gold Heat' for Friday evening...
                  That is incorrect. The schedules seem to be a moving target this year. What they have online and what has been happening are two different things.

Comment

A new RARA schedule is online (dated sept. 10, 2013): http://www.airrace.org/userfiles/fil...er%2011%20.pdf

Really confusing, unlimited silver and gold are listed on friday. I have just spoken to a teammember and he told me that they (u-gold) will not race before saturday.

Comment

Does anyone know for sure when the top dogs will be racing?

Comment

The "Official" schedule shows both Silver and Gold for Friday

The pairings only show Silver.

Any Scuttlebutt?

Comment

Info from a Voodoo crewmember is no Gold on Friday, Only Sat and Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
                            Info from a Voodoo crewmember is no Gold on Friday, Only Sat and Sunday.
                            Wow, if that's this case, this could defintely be the last year for me, since I can only make it on Friday. I understand the majority of the crowd is there over the weekend, and there are other classes of aircraft. But I don't think I'm in the minority when I say that without the Unlimiteds, it's unlikely I'd make the 1,000 mile trek for the show...

Comment

Originally posted by Suds View Post
                              Wow, if that's this case, this could defintely be the last year for me, since I can only make it on Friday. I understand the majority of the crowd is there over the weekend, and there are other classes of aircraft. But I don't think I'm in the minority when I say that without the Unlimiteds, it's unlikely I'd make the 1,000 mile trek for the show...
                              I agree suds, them only going up Saturday and Sunday just doesn't seem right. I know quite a few people that go for more than just the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X