Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Sad About The Air R......

I've been hanging around this board a
    long time, there are 11 people on this board....the Sunday before Reno, 11???
    ...going off the rails on a crazy train....

Re: How Sad About The Air R......

I believe a lot of people are splitting time between here and Facebook now that several teams have their own pages plus the pages dedicated to the air races.
    Sky Critter

Comment

Originally posted by a4gturn View Post
      I've been hanging around this board a
      long time, there are 11 people on this board....the Sunday before Reno, 11???
      46 viewing the whole forum, 11 or so viewing the "Reno 2013" sub forum. Not too bad, it will pick up tomorrow with Quals!
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Finally made it out this afternoon for the first unlimited practice. Some thoughts:

The Voodoo team looks serious. One of the first to fly and Stevo flew some pretty hot laps. There is another engine in the trailer wrapped in plastic. Hinton even had the tailored Voodoo flight suit on!

Strega flew a few laps but Matt didn't appear to push too hard. (Strega normal)! Tiger was pretty visible and I thought I saw Jack Roush lurking outside the pit. Teams looks quietly confident.

The Lewis pit is pretty impressive. Lots of tools, a covered section currently being used for hospitality, and the planes are immaculate. Looks Texas big. The paint on the Bear is as smooth as glass. (One of the Bear "kill" decals looks to be in danger of peeling off 232 though)! Both flew but neither pushed too hard.

Czech Mate might be a sleeper. The wings are beautiful and they ran it fairly hard today. The prop looks like something really large that's been cut down a bunch. I don't remember if it's the same as before or not. If anybody knows post it! From the front it looks like it's all propeller with nothing behind it! Real racy looking.

I know it was only the first day but I didn't see any oil leaks or other problems. Just dry stacks.

If I see anything interesting the next couple of days I'll try to post it. I'm sure somebody out there will be posting pics.

Comment

I expect they are travelling to Reno or are already there with better things to do than sit on a computer. I expect this dip happens every year.

Comment

What?

I spent 6 hours on the ramp, its was great. Being indoors and on a keyboard is the last thing I want to do on a weekend.

Even missed the 49er game and Rolex race. The Air races come first with this dawg.

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
              What?

I spent 6 hours on the ramp, its was great. Being indoors and on a keyboard is the last thing I want to do on a weekend.

Even missed the 49er game and Rolex race. The Air races come first with this dawg.

Dawg, Find Wayne for that payoff. He has a white golf cart.

Boss

Comment

Working...
              X