CLAY LACY'S MUSTANG WILL BE AT RENO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLAY LACY'S MUSTANG WILL BE AT RENO

They were prepping Clay's legendary P51 this morning for it's trip to Reno on Sunday morning to celebrate the 50th for the air races ~ it's been 8 years since this awesome racer has been in the air and it's nice that the ride will be to Reno ~ It will be fun to see her sitting on the ramp again ~

Here's some pictures I took in front of my hangar today

Cloudchaser
    Attached Files

Re: CLAY LACY'S MUSTANG WILL BE AT RENO

That will be great!!!...I have always wanted to see that Mustang...Will it race?...Who is the pilot?...Clay?...Thanks for the news
    Last edited by johnnyrace; 09-07-2013, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Excellent! By the looks of that first pic....it's time to blow the dust off that bird!
      I can't wait to see it on the ramp!

Comment

How cool is that.

Thanks for the pics.

Comment

Great historical news and photos !
          The return of the first* P-51 Unlimited Gold Champion and a connection to the past.
          Hoping they take it up for a Dawn Patrol, I want to see it fly, not just sit with the statics.
          Thank you for posting this.
          I was there in 1970 and I will be there this year!
          Rampking

Comment

SOOOO going to enjoy this! The last time I saw that bird was when I was 12-13 years old. My cousin and I had just crossed the runway on the 2500' strip we lived on to go to his house, and here comes a F*ing PURPLE P-51 from the south, lighting up our strip! We weren't more than 30' from the edge of the runway, and the Mustang was maybe 20' off the deck. I guess he saw us because he blessed us with a SECOND pass!

It was the first time I had seen a Mustang in the flesh, and it took 25 years or so to figure out who on earth would paint a P-51 PURPLE, lol!

Comment

This is gonna be SOOOOO great!! Another significant piece of history from "The World's FASTEST Motorsport". I saw "Snoopy" on the ramp in '83. First recognized P-51 Gold winner. The points awarded to Slovak's Bear in 64, but Love's 51 was the first across the line. Sure hope other birds come home to roost; would love to see Greenamyer's Bearcat again....

Comment

Looking forward to seeing this Mustang!!

Comment

i saw it in 83 too does anyone know when it is soppose to arrive ?

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Aro View Post
                    i saw it in 83 too does anyone know when it is soppose to arrive ?
                    It should be leaving this morning with the other war birds from Camarillo ~ you should see them all today

Comment

She arrived this afternoon and was on the ramp. She came in with a number of other aircraft including a Tigercat, A Spit, ...a.....a....a...I am too tired to remember what else.

Sorry- but I took the battery out of my camera and tried to download pictures out of it. Couldn't figure out why I couldn't plug it into the S card slot......I am TIRED!

Comment

Originally posted by LoveOldPlanes View Post
                        She arrived this afternoon and was on the ramp. She came in with a number of other aircraft including a Tigercat, A Spit, ...a.....a....a...I am too tired to remember what else.

Sorry- but I took the battery out of my camera and tried to download pictures out of it. Couldn't figure out why I couldn't plug it into the S card slot......I am TIRED!
                        She came in with Clay's Tigercat and the CAF Spitfire, Bearcat, and Hellcat.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                          She came in with Clay's Tigercat and the CAF Spitfire, Bearcat, and Hellcat.
                          Are they parking them in the pits to fill it up a bit?

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrace View Post
                            Are they parking them in the pits to fill it up a bit?
                            Yes. Some of them (not 64) will be part of the daily CAF flights.

Comment

As I was leaving Stead today, I saw a Zero and a Mustang landing. I assume that's the CAF's Zero. Is this the first time a Zero has been to Reno? I don't remember one being there in the 33 years I've attended.

Race 29
                              Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Working...
                              X