O2 masks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O2 masks

Someone asked me why an unlimited pilot should wear an Oxegen mask. I told them in case of smoke and fire and noxious fumes, that the field elevation was 5,000 ft (not even figuring in density altitude) and you want a pilot's brain and muscles to have all the O2 they need.
    Plus, during an uncommanded or commanded maneuver with high Gs, it might be a good idea.
    Did I miss anything?

Re: O2 masks

I think you pretty well covered it-in fitting with your last part, I would add that in the event of a mayday and in trading airspeed for altitude, they will be much further up than the field's already high elevation.

Comment

Yeah, that is true, especially if it is a bad density altitude day...

Comment

Don't forget fumes from the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote Chris View Post
          Someone asked me why an unlimited pilot should wear an Oxegen mask. I told them in case of smoke and fire and noxious fumes, that the field elevation was 5,000 ft (not even figuring in density altitude) and you want a pilot's brain and muscles to have all the O2 they need.
          Plus, during an uncommanded or commanded maneuver with high Gs, it might be a good idea.
          Did I miss anything?

Carbon monoxide. Warbird cockpits are absolutely full of CO since the stacks are ahead of the pilot.

Comment

Working...
          X