Pylon 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pylon 1

Where is Pylon 1?? Is the site really being rebuilt? I'm hoping they might put up some 2003 video eventually.

Announcement Pending

Mark Kallio has an announcement pending regarding the site. He was to make the announcement following this year's races.

Comment

anybody?

Comment

I'll leave any official anouncement for Mark to give, as Mark is the only one who can speak for Mark. But his Wife was involved in an auto accident recently. I heard that she's going to be fine, but Mark definatly has other priorities than Pylon 1. Mark is a great guy and once he gets past his current priorities, if he can bring Pylon1 back, he will. His plate is just pretty full right now. I don't know him personally, I just read all of this from the message board over there before it shut down. His family have been in my prayers. If you are so inclined, shoot some good thoughts his way.

Race 29
        Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Thanks for the info, Race 29. I'll send up prayers immediately.

Comment

Pylon 1

I talked with Mark prior to Reno and he stated that there are simply too many things going on for him to dedicate any time to the site. He had shut the site down before and was convinced to repost the site but enough is enough and he felt it was time for him to walk away from the site. He stated the site would go away on the last Sunday of the races. He also released himself from the Dago Red team for the same reasons. It is a devestating loss for all of us as we now have one less avenue from which to obtain breaking news and updates from the world of air racing. Not that any one site is better than the other, but losing one third of the sites covering this vast sport will leave a significant void. As wayne and Scott have stated they can not cover all of the racing teams and provide up to date breaking news so all of us will have to step up and bring forth news with CREDIBLE reports from the field. The process can work if everyone can play nicely. In the past those who have come forth with news from the field have been accused of inaccuracies and untruths. This will not help the process if we all want to get the latest information from the field. So, lets all work together and and we should be able to help Wayne and Scott keep the news flowing. I hope at some time Mark will come forward with some statement regarding shutting the site down. I also wish Mark and his family the best in their future endeavers. The next time any of us see's the Markster shake his hand and thank him for his efforts to bring air racing to the masses. Mark, the site will be missed!!!!

Dave

Comment

Pylon1 RIP
              Rare Bear Fan Sponsor

Comment

Paintboy!

Dave,
                I looked for you at Reno, but of course I was at the September pits when you were out shooting pictures. Hopefully I'll catch you in Ione someday.

C-YA!
                Race 29
                Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Pylon1

Today is a very sad day. I have officially given up on Pylon1. It has been my home page for so long, but I just can't look at that "under construction" sign another time.
                  Mark, if you are out there, I miss the site like you wouldn't believe. What can we do to help get you back?

On to other things. This is a great site as well, I just am not that brave about posting on new sites.
                  I lurked here for a long time before joining, and have been a member for a while before posting.

This is my new homepage, thanks to Wayne & co. for being here!
                  Rachel

Comment

Welcome Racheal,

I think you'll enjoy your time here.. Pretty decent bunch for the most part, just remember, sometimes, the kidding gets a "bit" rough but usually only when it's a couple of the racers ripping on each other..

Wayne
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Pylon1

That's one of the things I like the best about this place!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X