cuffed prop question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cuffed prop question

I was looking at a Wildcat prop the other day and I never realized how big the prop cuff is. What is the purpose of the cuff, is it for cooling?

Re: cuffed prop question

Yup. It is.
    "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

Originally posted by JetsareforKids View Post
      I was looking at a Wildcat prop the other day and I never realized how big the prop cuff is. What is the purpose of the cuff, is it for cooling?
      The only cuffed prop I'm very familiar with is the Skyraider prop, the cuff has nothing to do with cooling, it has to do with getting a bigger payload off the ground. I believe the Skyraider was the first airplane to take off with more ordnance than the basic operating weight of the aircraft.

Comment

Originally posted by Dialtapper View Post
        The only cuffed prop I'm very familiar with is the Skyraider prop, the cuff has nothing to do with cooling, it has to do with getting a bigger payload off the ground. I believe the Skyraider was the first airplane to take off with more ordnance than the basic operating weight of the aircraft.
        Different kind of "cuff". He's talking about the cuffs/sleeves at the root of the blades by the prop hub...
        Last edited by RichH; 09-01-2013, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X