Here's to Reno 2013 =)

Click image for larger version

Name:	voodoo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	240644

Re: A racer's recent self reflection...

Thanks for the shot.

I like that - a little tease to get everyone excited.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 08-05-2013, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Here's some never before released cockpit footage for additional excitement

Comment

Originally posted by Mluvara View Post
        Here's some never before released cockpit footage for additional excitement

Comment

GREAT cockpit vantage video capture footage! BIG Thanks & 'TWO-Thumbs-UP!' for posting this, Michael.

Here's a Outer Pylon 4 still-capture of Voodoo taken during Fri. UNL Heat-2A (9/16/11) also...

DBD
          Attached Files

Comment

I am guessing the canopy fogging on the first lap increased pucker factor by about 37.8%. Balls of Titanium on Mr Whiteside IMO......

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
              I am guessing the canopy fogging on the first lap increased pucker factor by about 37.8%. Balls of Titanium on Mr Whiteside IMO......
              It fogged up quick coming down the chute and Will called in over the crew radio saying he may have to pull out before the race even started. Luckily, the front cleared quickly and the side followed a bit later. We had done some more work to seal the canopy area that week and conditions were right for it to happen that day.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Mluvara View Post
                Here's to Reno 2013 =)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19827[/ATTACH]

Thank you for posting that.

Comment

Great Vid, thanks for sharing
                  Brian

Comment

Thanks for the video. 37% pucker factor seems low to me. I get that in winter driving top down from a dry interior valley to the wet coastal air. Even in a car, it's bloody scary when the screen goes suddenly opaque.
                    No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
                    http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

I got checked out in the sport class in the lancair360 a few years ago, I have the same video from that airplane and it seems like its in slomo after watching that, very cool

Comment

Code:
                        It fogged up quick coming down the chute and Will called in over the crew radio saying he may have to pull out before the race even started. Luckily, the front cleared quickly and the side followed a bit later. We had done some more work to seal the canopy area that week and conditions were right for it to happen that day.
                        We stopped that problem on Dago, was very easy fix. But, we don't know nuttin'........

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow View Post
                          Code:
                          We stopped that problem on Dago, was very easy fix. But, we don't know nuttin'........

Is it a matter of air circulation, similar to a de-frost on an F8F?

Comment

I remember one of the old "Skyfire" videos and it had cockpit footage of Tiger comin' down the chute and he experienced the same fogging. He was frantically tryin to clean the windscreen and hold throttle and stick. The guy's amazing,and another one of the pilots with stainless steel cojones.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow View Post
                              Code:
                              I would hope that since "The fix" falls under a potential serious safety concern and is not an airframe or powerplant modification to get speed that it would be shared.

Comment

Working...
                              X