Strega Info???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strega Info???

Does anyone have any information about what is going on with Strega? Last I heard was that they were going to keep her in racing form and do an airshow here and there, but I haven’t heard or seen anything advertised about her making any appearances. Any info would be great. I’m still holding out hope that there will be a surprise appearance on the Stead ramp in September.

Let’s see if we can make it more than five replies in before the first “TF” joke comes out.

148 DAYS!!!!!!!!

Re: Strega Info???

It's already a TF-51 (Too-Fast)

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
      It's already a TF-51 (Too-Fast)

Well played! Hey, you have to give credit where credit is due.

Comment

Retired...
        http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
        http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Archer View Post
          Retired...
          Not the first time.............nor the last.
          "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

In other motorsports there is no shame in going out on top. I have heard ALL the reasons for her retirement and they are all sound logic. At some point the entire airframe of any racer needs to be gutted, gone through, and tightened up. Warn components need to be changed. Engine needs an overhaul every year... yada yada yada. That being said I think the time, commitment and money became a factor. The people that made that program happen just want to get back to regular life of raising kids and enjoying the family life that a program like that takes away. Just get another crew together... yeah we have seen how that plays out on other programs. Now mind you I still think anything is possible, and I want to see how our airplane measures up in an all out battle royal. I just hope Tiger is bluffing like the rest of you hope he is. There is more to the story on the other hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
              There is more to the story on the other hand.
              Yes there is.

But some people think they know more than you do when in reality they have no clue at all. You and I both know that all too well. So we let them talk, we nod our collective heads and go "oh, yeah...you're probably right", and the go on doing our own thing.

Was good seeing you. How's the puppy?

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                Yes there is.

But some people think they know more than you do when in reality they have no clue at all. You and I both know that all too well. So we let them talk, we nod our collective heads and go "oh, yeah...you're probably right", and the go on doing our own thing.

Was good seeing you. How's the puppy?
                Miss Ashley is doing fine. Getting big already!

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
                  Miss Ashley is doing fine. Getting big already!

Ah-hah!!! I get it now! This has to be a secret, coded message about the future plans for the airframe we've been calling Strega

What if all the coloring contests and fan fare surrounding the painting of Precious Metal are just the cover story... the front operation...Hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by N22252 View Post
                    Ah-hah!!! I get it now! This has to be a secret, coded message about the future plans for the airframe we've been calling Strega
                    OR...it could really just be a little black puppy named Miss Ashley.

Comment

Like Jim, I must quote the above ..."There is more to the story on the other hand."

Yes, the certainly is. And while people aren't talking, there is something up with Strega...

#7 fans, keep your heads up...

Joseph

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                        OR...it could really just be a little black puppy named Miss Ashley.
                        What!? A puppy named Miss Ashley should be red and white, no?

Last edited by FlyKidChris; 04-18-2013, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Idaho_cowpony View Post
                          Like Jim, I must quote the above ..."There is more to the story on the other hand."

Yes, the certainly is. And while people aren't talking, there is something up with Strega...

#7 fans, keep your heads up...

Joseph
                          Thank Joseph.

When I started this thread it was not with the intent to presume that racing at Reno was simplistic. I understand that its expensive and time consuming, and I consider myself extremely fortunate to see any plane that attends Reno fly.

That being said, I just found it curious that Strega has gone completely radio silent. Web site hasn't been updated in awhile. Facebook page is down. Last year I spotted Tiger and went up to thank him for all he's done for the races. He mentioned they were going to keep it in its race configuration and do some airshows, but I haven't seen anything out of that camp.

As I mentioned before, I am hopeful to see Strega grace the course once again in Reno. If she's not there, I will sit back and be grateful for those who taken the time, incurred the expense and given me the privilege of watching them fly in the greatest event on earth.

Cheers all!

Comment

They will be at Chino and Minter......

Comment

I see a pattern here...first the fastest unlimited ever (Dago) is retired, then the 2nd fastest unlimited ever (Strega) is retired. What next, Rare Bear? They are going to keep retiring these racers (in order of fastest to slowest) until all that's left of the unlimited class is a bunch of stock planes....

Comment

Working...
                              X