Reno 2013: The Heavy Metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno 2013: The Heavy Metal

So...with Rare Bear being prepped for racing this year (check out the Lewis Air Legends site for confirmation) and Czech Mate's hopeful return, this appears to be the fight for the trophy.
    "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Re: Reno 2013: The Heavy Metal

Hell ya, lets bring in on boys.

We need Will and VoodDoo in there :-)

154 days and counting.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 04-10-2013, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Don't count out the Witch. I know Tiger said he's probably done, but I'll believe that when she's not on the ramp at the beginning of race week.

KEEP HOPE ALIVE!
      Mark Johnson
      Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

I'm probably on the Strega hate mail list , since I've gotten tired of the winning streak and I've always pulled for the roundies...but I ALWAYS want as many racers as possible...it's all part of the pageantry of the event. And if I were in the shoes of other Unlimited teams going for Gold, Strega's absence might take some of the fun out of it.

I'd personally feel better about it - were I in Stu's, Hoot's, Sherm's, Dennis's or Thom's shoes - if I was sitting at the front of the stands being presented with the trophy WITH Strega sitting up there beside the aircraft I flew and knowing that I battled with Steve-O for 8 laps on Sunday afternoon to get it. I'd love to be able to say "I won Gold at Reno and beat the winningest racer in the process."

But maybe that's just me (pretty sure it's not ).
        "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
        -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Originally posted by Tigercat24 View Post
          So...with Rare Bear being prepped for racing this year (check out the Lewis Air Legends site for confirmation) and Czech Mate's hopeful return, this appears to be the fight for the trophy.
          Looks pretty interesting to me.....

Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Only question I have... Will Czech Mate be ready this year? I really hope so. Would love to see those blue wings turning the sticks again.

But yeah looks like a great line up!

Comment

I bought my airline stuff and I am ready to fly. I do believe STREGA will come, and it would be interesting with out her but also sad. I would like to see Mr. Lewis get his reward with the BEAR and can't wait for PRECIOUS METAL.

I flew with FIFI over the desert (back seat in MAN-O-WAR) and got some nice video over Lake Mead, will post soon. Thanks, KC

Comment

I'd personally feel better about it - were I in Stu's, Hoot's, Sherm's, Dennis's or Thom's shoes - if I was sitting at the front of the stands being presented with the trophy WITH Strega sitting up there beside the aircraft I flew and knowing that I battled with Steve-O for 8 laps on Sunday afternoon to get it. I'd love to be able to say "I won Gold at Reno and beat the winningest racer in the process."
                Couldn't agree more. Winning without competition... Just wouldn't be the same...

Comment

Working...
                X