Any solid word on Furias?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any solid word on Furias?

The word on Facebook is she is done. Can anyone here clear up the status and why? Matt?

Re: Any solid word on Furias?

"Done" in what way?

Comment

Under "Sanders Corsair" are reports of Furias sitting for now. The owner has chosen to do another project. Another observer says Furias will never race again. She is really beat up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneauxman View Post
        Under "Sanders Corsair" are reports of Furias sitting for now. The owner has chosen to do another project. Another observer says Furias will never race again. She is really beat up.
        That's the word I have as well. Unless someone else buys it. Still not enough time for 2013 for her to make a showing.

Comment

oh that is a gut punch. Damn. Heartbreaking really.

Matt Jackson, I feel your pain.

Comment

I was having a really bad day today. Now it is a "double-bad day".

Planecrazy2 curls-up into a ball in the corner, and weeps for what could have been....
            '71 S.D.1000, '85-'91,'94',95,'97-'99,'02,'04,'06,'08,'10,'13,'14 NCAR.

Comment

I have to agree, really crappy news if it's true. As far as racers go the revamped "Furias" immediately became my new current favorite. The airplane is (was?) simply magnificent to look at in my opinion. The RB-51 still remains my all time favorite and a suitably repainted "Czech Mate" is about the only airplane I can think of that may have the potential to surpass "Furias" for second place. I'm really hoping Smoot will pull out all the stops on the re-winged racer when it finally makes its reappearance.

Comment

Wow! All that time, all that effort, all that money, and just a handful of qualifying laps to show for it all.

Comment

This is in the Sanders Corsair thread, but hopefully we get some more info:

Originally posted by Warbirds45 View Post
                  The airplane know as Furias, will probably never race again. I was at the Sanders 10 days ago, Korey Wells , said their effort's were focused on Chuck Greenhill's other projects.
                  It's a shame I watched them build her, and was at qualifying this year.
                  Matt Jackson said she was sweet, the aircraft was beautiful.
                  I wish she could have run on Sunday, she was pretty fast!
                  Warbirds45

Comment

Seems like a long time ago when Furias had its accident. Is there video of that accident and what were the circumstances regarding the accident?

Comment

Furias will never race again? Does this mean that it will be returned to stock at a later date? Any idea to what extend the damage is to her?
                      Brian

Comment

I just saw this thread as I was also looking for Furias return also. I watched it land and looked it over pretty close up afterwards so.... Rt main gear folded up shortly after landing, drug rt wing until ground looping and folding other main gear. Prop badly damaged necessitating engine teardown and likely rebuild of all or most components which is normal with prop strikes and this was a major strike. Whole wing was pushed back several inches with likely major wing o/haul needed as well as whole gear rebuild/replacement. Fuselage damage seemed to be mainly in the area where wing was attached but that can involve a LOT of repairs. That's just what I could see looking it over for several moments. LOTS of money there and LOTS of work to redo properly. What a HUGE disappointment to see happen and hope it will be back oneday,,,,,SOON!

Comment

It is now owned by the same guy in Wisconsin who owns Miss Merced. Miss Merced rarely sees the light of day any more in the land of cheese, so I would not get your hopes too high for seeing Furias anytime soon.

Comment

It's not impossible by any means, but it appears to have been one of those incidents that 'tweaked' just about everything to the point where it would need to be taken apart and re-jigged.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X