La Patrona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Patrona

I see Rod's sexiest girl has had some of her assets "augmented". Looks good.

Re: La Patrona

Now that's what I'm talkin' about....spinners on the 'cat!

Comment

Those do look pretty darn sexy. Not even close to stock, but....in this case, who cares? VERY NICE. They look like they belong.

Comment

Found a photo of an XF7F with the original spinners:

Quite the narrow annular gap...wonder if Rod will consider Sea Fury-style spinners in the future?
        "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
        -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

My guess is that they are more for 'show' than speed.

Old Howard used to have a P-51 spinner on the Bearcat for about 10 years and then it disappeared. I asked him why he got rid of it. "Looked nice. Didn't make the damn plane go any faster."

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
            My guess is that they are more for 'show' than speed.

Old Howard used to have a P-51 spinner on the Bearcat for about 10 years and then it disappeared. I asked him why he got rid of it. "Looked nice. Didn't make the damn plane go any faster."
            That "damn plane" went plenty fast without a spinner the last time he raced it. I still shake my head when I see the speeds and look at pictures to see how very stock it looked that year.

But speed notwithstanding, the "Dagmars" look great on La Patrona.

Comment

Originally posted by 440_Magnum View Post
              That "damn plane" went plenty fast without a spinner the last time he raced it. I still shake my head when I see the speeds and look at pictures to see how very stock it looked that year.

But speed notwithstanding, the "Dagmars" look great on La Patrona.
              Unfortunately, on a radial engine...unless you have the proper ducting to streamline the air once it gets inside the cowling, it only ends up creating more drag up in behind the spinner itself.

Comment

...I like that 391+ Qualifying speed in '86 for Yancey...
                Last edited by Idaho_cowpony; 02-22-2013, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Wow a 3 bladed Corsair. I knew Yancey was innovated but not that much. Time for a beer or new glasses.
                  Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
                    Wow a 3 bladed Corsair. I knew Yancey was innovated but not that much. Time for a beer or new glasses.
                    Hey brother Bob... how bout both?

New glass, new glasses... works for me every time!
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hey guys,
                      speaking of spinners on Tigercats, here is a model that has been done that looks pretty cool http://svsm.org/gallery/mmf7f

Jason
                      Jason Schillereff

Comment

Originally posted by Jason S. View Post
                        Hey guys,
                        speaking of spinners on Tigercats, here is a model that has been done that looks pretty cool http://svsm.org/gallery/mmf7f

Jason
                        By non other than Mr. E! Wild looking!

Comment

That looks beast

And is it just me, or are those props modeled after the P-3 Orion 3-blader on the Bear?
                          "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
                          -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

This is a model I did years ago after getting a copy of the late Bruce Boland's study on making a Tigercat airracer. The prop blades are resin copy's of c-130 blades reshaped to look like the Bears. The model received lots of laughs do to the name, which was the intent.

Comment

Originally posted by MRE View Post
                              This is a model I did years ago after getting a copy of the late Bruce Boland's study on making a Tigercat airracer. The prop blades are resin copy's of c-130 blades reshaped to look like the Bears. The model received lots of laughs do to the name, which was the intent.
                              MRE, would it be possible to get a copy of Bruce Boland's study??

Comment

Working...
                              X