Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F8 Crusader Navy Jet removed from San Francisco Park may return as a Play Jet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F8 Crusader Navy Jet removed from San Francisco Park may return as a Play Jet.

Reading todays paper and there is an article how they want do a replacement for the Navy Jet that was once in the park.

Here is the story with pictures and be sure to read the comments as so much more information is usually contained there:

The plane was restored and now sits at the Pacific Coast Air Museum, Sonoma County Airport, about 60 miles north of San Francisco. Here it is restored: http://www.pacificcoastairmuseum.org...8UCrusader.asp
    Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 02-19-2013, 11:49 AM.

Re: F8 Crusader Navy Jet removed from San Francisco Park may return as a Play Jet.

The F8 that was in the playground is not going to return. Here is a paragraph from the article:

"The new jet, which will cost $150,000, is a design from Scott Peterson, whose Santa Barbara company built the waves and other playable art in the redesigned Koret Children's Quarter in Golden Gate Park."

The title of the thread had me going.
    Tommy

Comment

Re: F8 Crusader Navy Jet removed from San Francisco Park may return as a Play Jet.

I understand the header is misleading. Once it is written and posted, you cannot edit the header. I'm not sure if this is fixed or can be adjusted to allow correcting, but I think you should always be allowed to correct errors, grammar, facts etc. Not sure why it is the way it is, but I think it would be better if changed.

Comment

Drove past it for many years; it was criminal that the "Last Gunfighter" suffered such a fate. Glad they brought it back to it's current condition. Now.......next stop: AIRWORTHY! When I was a kid, F8's were always zoomin' around and I loved the sound of a J57 in the pattern headin' for Moffet.

Comment

Working...
        X