• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddy Cabanas, Sad news

Re: Freddy Cabanas, Sad news

Just heard that as well. Blue skies...

Comment

Very sad news. Freddy has been a good friend to my daughter and myself for the past few years. I hope this isn't so.

Comment

Freddy was just, plain and simple.. a friggin HOOT!

When I was working with Steve and Mary a bunch of years ago, we had dinner with a bunch of folks at Sun n Fun.. one of whom was Freddy... Oh crap, if you ever saw his photo album!

There was an airshow performer crowd at the restaurant that night, we had em ready to get their checks and move to safer ground that night!

Really Really sad, sad news...

Blue Skies Freddie!
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

My Condolences to his family and friends. He was always fun to chat with at the races, One year when he was racing #103 the Conch Fury we took some black tape and changed the CRAF on the side to CRAP they didn't notice for about half the day and I think Freddy found it even funnier than we did.

Blue Skies Freddy

Comment

Blue Skies Freddy. Prayers to family & friends.
            Lockheed Bob

Comment

Comment

One year when he was racing #103 the Conch Fury we took some black tape and changed the CRAF on the side to CRAP they didn't notice for about half the day and I think Freddy found it even funnier than we did.

Ah so---- your the cats that did that!! We were pitted right next to them and we got blamed for it. Thought it was funnier than hell. Freddy was a funny guy and always had a story to tell about something. Thoughts and prayer to his family. Very sad.

Comment

We did get blamed for doing that, after all these years the truth comes out. Freddy was someone who you would never forget. Sad indeed.

Comment

Freddy was a genuine guy... I asked him to call my daughter to say happy birthday for her 16th last year. He called me a day or two later to tell me he had purchased a few flight lessons for her. When told that was unnecessary, he simply stated it was something he wanted to do for her. That's just the kind of guy he was. I'll miss him terribly.

--Mark

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MRE View Post
                        We did get blamed for doing that, after all these years the truth comes out. Freddy was someone who you would never forget. Sad indeed.
                        The funny thing was how long it took their crew to catch on. We sat there laughing about that for a good hour before someone on the crew says, "Hey! Who did that?"

Freddy was a character for sure. He will be missed...

SA

Comment

WHAT A COOL GUY! I REMEMBER WHEN MADMAN-MARK, BROUGHT
                          HIS DAUGHTER TO THE AEROBATIC CO. FOR FLYING LESSONS THAT
                          FREDDY BOUGHT. HE WAS AN INCREDIBLE AVIATOR THROUGH AND THROUGH. A REAL GENTLEMAN WHO ALWAYS HAD TIME FOR YOU.
                          I FIND HIS LOSS A BIT MORE THAN SHOCKING CONSIDERING HIS SKILLS.FROM THE CONCH SEAFURY TO AMERICAN BEAUTY, TO THE PITTS HE HAD 5000 HOURS IN FROM A GRASS STRIP IN FL.
                          FREDDY WILL BE MISSED.
                          SO HERE'S A SHOT, AND A CHEER, AND A "WISH YOU WERE HERE".
                          AND A VICTORY ROLL IN OUR DECATHALON ON FRIDAY AFTERNOON
                          AT STEAD TO REMEMBER FRED

-GHOST

Comment

Freddy was a good stick and funny character. Blue Skies Freddy!

Frank C.

Comment

Working...
                            X