Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM paint design contest

Ladies and gentlemen,

If you'd like to part-take in our design contest, please submit per the rules outlined below.

Feel free to submit as many designs as you like and if you have any questions, post them here or on 'Precious Metal Air Racing Fan Page' on Facebook.

Good luck!
    Attached Files

Re: PM paint design contest

Thom, are you guys changing the canopy?
    Thanks for posting this up, gotta got the wheels turning, and colored pencils out.

Edit: Maybe, new money making venture, selling rides with that long canopy......LOL....or weapons officer seat.....
    Last edited by xmh53wrench; 01-07-2013, 09:18 AM.
    Fledgling Air Race and P-51 Junkie

Comment

I think she looks great the way she is. Love the polished metal, and goes along with her Precious Medal name. I hope you don't end up with a paint scheme like Rare Bear. I know I'll catch flak for this, but that is a gawdy paint scheme. I think she looked better in the white and pruple trim she had years ago. The current scheme is to overboard.
      Brian

Comment

Yes, the canopy will be scrapped for a newer, much stronger and more practical design. We're looking to upgrade any potential weak spots and the canopy definitely falls in that category.

On the paint scheme, I am very partial to the way she looks already, but with the filling of the wings and some new composite parts, a new paint job is not an option, it's a necessity. Doesn't mean that the look has to change much... Show me your brainstorm!

Comment

Dangit!!!! Of course since I worked on my lil PM turtle deck all weekend....guess that means lil PM number two build next year.
          Fledgling Air Race and P-51 Junkie

Comment

I think it would be awesome to see a model from each year and the changes that made her (hopefully) faster!

Comment

Originally posted by Aerialgunnery View Post
              Yes, the canopy will be scrapped for a newer, much stronger and more practical design.!
              What's the plans for the older canopy that you remove? Will it become sold to be reused on another racer, wall/hangar art, popcorn/punch bowl or will it be auctioned/sold as a collectible???

Comment

It's gonna be re-assembled and hung on the wall of my new man-cave... The air racing balcony in my hangar!

(Well worth visiting, btw...)

Comment

Looks like a new scoop inlet too? Can't wait to see her!
                  "Lighten Up Francis....."

Comment

Working...
                  X