X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NTSB lead investigator to Discuss Galloping Ghost accident

National Transportation Safety Board to Discuss Findings Related to the

P-51D Crash at the 2011 Reno National Championship Air Races

WHAT: Clinton Crookshanks, an Aerospace Engineer and go-team member specializing in aircraft structures for the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), will be speaking to attendees about the crash of a modified P-51D Mustang into the spectator area. ( Galloping Ghost) Crookshanks was the lead airworthiness investigator on the accident. During Crookshanks 10 plus years at the NTSB, he has been the lead structures investigator on numerous domestic and international accident investigations including the Space Shuttle Columbia and the in-flight breakup of a China Airlines B747.

Mr.Crookshanks earned a BS in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Nevada, Reno in 1993, and an MS in Aerospace Engineering Sciences from the University of Colorado, Boulder in 1997. He worked in private industry for Rocky Mountain Propellers, The Boeing Company and Wright Systems Incorporated prior to joining the NTSB.

WHEN: Sunday, January 13, 2013 @ 1:00 p.m.

Fee: Standard Museum admission

WHERE: Aerospace Museum of California

3200 Freedom Park Drive

McClellan, CA 95652 (Watt Ave)

About AMC:

The AMC is a non-profit foundation dedicated to inspirational and educational programs, honoring the rich military and aviation history of the greater Sacramento region, and highlighting the impact and innovation of the Museum’s many community partners. For more information visit www.aerospaceca.org or join us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/AerospaceMuseumCA.
    Rampking

Re: NTSB lead investigator to Discuss Galloping Ghost accident

Anybody else going? I haven't been to the musem in a year or so. I think I'll go early and speand some quality aviation time.

John

Comment

Working...
    X