Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popular Mechanics 1949

Check out pages 98, 99 and 100-

Popular Mechanics inspires, instructs and influences readers to help them master the modern world. Whether it’s practical DIY home-improvement tips, gadgets and digital technology, information on the newest cars or the latest breakthroughs in science -- PM is the ultimate guide to our high-tech lifestyle.

Re: Popular Mechanics 1949

NICE!!!
    Fledgling Air Race and P-51 Junkie

Comment

That's really beyond cool.... how in the world did you find that? Thanks!
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
        That's really beyond cool.... how in the world did you find that? Thanks!
        Well, its complicated.
        We're restoring a SNJ-3 which was used as a subject in a WWII SNJ transition manual and filmstrip or movie. Since we know what it looks like we also were able to find photos of it on the ramp at NAS Miami.
        In the restoration I am reskinning the horizontal stabilizers, I was planning on using a big riveter machine we have and it has a bad seal. In researching the CP 625 seals my son found an ad for military surplus sales place in Chicago with a form of our machine in an ad. I scanned through the rest of the magazine and found the Air Racing article.
        The ad is what pops up I believe when you click on the link. This same place sold a pump that is made from a Merlin coolant pump, lower L/H column and the next page has the Merlin mounted Air Pump Packard built for the British engines on the lower L/H column.
        More info on the SNJ can be found here-

Comment

Working...
        X