Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perestroika pics?

Hi Guys,

Getting ready to put the finish on a flying model of "Perestroika" and I sure could use some good pics of the markings. Pictures of the airplane on the web are few and far between and what is available (mostly on this site!) is relatively small. I'd like to be able to duplicate the various markings with some level of accuracy so any and all help much appreciated. Here's where I'm at now, getting close to ready to cover.

TIA!

Re: Perestroika pics?

What motor will you be using. What sort of size is this model going to be ?

Comment

Hi Steve,

The airplane is 66 inches span (The wing was stretched a bit to get more area.) and it will be powered by an OS 1.20AX two stroke. All up weight will be around 9.5 to 10 pounds. The prototype, built by a friend of mine, is finished as "Czech Mate" and shown below. His was built for serious warbird racing and is powered by a "massaged" YS 1.40 four stroke running on 60% nitro. No plans to race mine so I will be adding a few scale details to "Perestroika" that were left off of "Czech Mate".

Comment

Nobody has Perestroika pics?

Comment

Chad - Have you checked out Scotty G's site? He has a photo gallery with a number of current and historic Reno racers, including Perestroika. Not a lot of close-ups, but there are a couple of close pics of the nose art in there. Here's the link:

Good luck with the build.
          Mark Johnson
          Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by MustangFan View Post
            Chad - Have you checked out Scotty G's site? He has a photo gallery with a number of current and historic Reno racers, including Perestroika. Not a lot of close-ups, but there are a couple of close pics of the nose art in there. Here's the link:

Good luck with the build.
            Thanks for the reply Mark and for the link as well. I found a few pics on Scotty's site but had not come across that page. I was planning to send Scotty a message to see if he would be willing to share some higher res versions of his photos. After seeing your link I will definitely be sending Scotty that email!

Onward and upward!

Comment

Working...
            X