X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's the Bear??

Is it still at Stead, or has it left for other

Re: Where's the Bear??

Still sitting in the hangar collecting dust as far as I know. Can't imagine anything being done with it until the weather warms up so probably be sometime in the spring...............

Comment

sounds like hibernation... normal for bears this time of year...

not sayin its a normal bear, now...

Comment

I have a question;

with the re-tirement of voodoo,strega and apparently rare bear, will that have a negative attraction for the "unlimiteds?

Comment

IMHO...it can never be a good thing when the top three participants in any racing event decide to exit. Time will tell but at this point it does give one pause. Remain optimistic but cautiously so. Still plenty of water to go under the bridge to shake things out. It seems it has been the nature of things in this sport from time to time.
          Owen Ashurst
          Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
          http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Air Judge View Post
            IMHO...it can never be a good thing when the top three participants in any racing event decide to exit. Time will tell but at this point it does give one pause. Remain optimistic but cautiously so. Still plenty of water to go under the bridge to shake things out. It seems it has been the nature of things in this sport from time to time.
            ...I'll still buy a ticket to see "The Next Top Three" race on Sunday. Now... Who would that be???

Maybe....

First = 232/September Fury
            Second = Precious Metal
            Third = Czechmate

Comment

Originally posted by billlavonne View Post
              I have a question;

with the re-tirement of voodoo,strega and apparently rare bear, will that have a negative attraction for the "unlimiteds?
              The Bear is retiring??? Not what the folks at Lewis Air Legends are say'n.

I'm pretty sure we will see all three of the above in September 2013 in Stead. I have good information and a whole bunch of faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post

I'm pretty sure we will see all three of the above in September 2013 in Stead. I have good information and a whole bunch of faith.
                if thats the truth i think i need to be in Reno next september...
                where is the damn like button
                race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

That's the spirit Michael!

Even if those airplanes did not show, as previously stated, it would move some other airplanes up to the front... That's not a bad thing at all.

The ebb and flow of this sport has always had lean times, and not so lean times... No matter how spendy it is, or unlikely that there would be any return, groups of folks always seem to step up to the plate and do their all to win the gold.. I think Thom is notable in that he's the latest to do so.. Will Whiteside raced for years on pilot salary.. My point is.. people come into the sport, people leave the sport.. Hey... most of us would buy a ticket to see Air Biscuit and Sparky go at it!!

And, we always gotta remember... you never really know who's gonna be there till you head out on the ramp! See ya in September!
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                    That's the spirit Michael!

Even if those airplanes did not show, as previously stated, it would move some other airplanes up to the front... That's not a bad thing at all.

The ebb and flow of this sport has always had lean times, and not so lean times... No matter how spendy it is, or unlikely that there would be any return, groups of folks always seem to step up to the plate and do their all to win the gold.. I think Thom is notable in that he's the latest to do so.. Will Whiteside raced for years on pilot salary.. My point is.. people come into the sport, people leave the sport.. Hey... most of us would buy a ticket to see Air Biscuit and Sparky go at it!!

And, we always gotta remember... you never really know who's gonna be there till you head out on the ramp! See ya in September!
                    Hey someone back in 2007 said that Precious Metal would NEVER turn another pylon at Reno.

Comment

Hey someone back in 2007 said that Precious Metal would NEVER turn another pylon at Reno.
                      Exactly!
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Theres lots of people that own rare and expensive cars and spend big bucks to race them at heritage racing venues like Monterey Historics.

Not a lot of places where you can legally take a plane below 500ft, mash the throttle and dice it up with others.

If I was a tad bit wealthier, I have a nice hanger at Stead full of toys, buy Voodoo and participate in the Reno Air Races.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 11-27-2012, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Yep...like I said. Lot of water has got to go under the bridge. Never say never...
                          Owen Ashurst
                          Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
                          http://airbossone.com/

Comment

[QUOTE=billlavonne;107793]I have a question;

with the re-tirement of voodoo,strega and apparently rare bear, will that have a negative attraction for the "unlimiteds?[/QUOT

OK I have my answer LOL

Comment

see Air Biscuit and Sparky go at it
                              Sparky would win of course...
                              But, yea, I would be there.

IF there was no Strega or Bear, some of the glitz would be gone but as stated here, the remaining "hot" racers would put on one he!! of a race!

PM, Dread, Furias and CM (assuming 232 is out too) duking it out for first? THAT I would pay to see!
                              Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                              airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                              thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
                              X