SHARK!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SHARK!!!

Now THIS is how panning should be done -- incredible technique!

I'm impressed...

Neal

Comment

Some serious rudder input going on there.

Another great shot.Thanks for sharing.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Brian(B2)

Comment

100th at 700mm panning full disk.... for Victor... walk in the park... Neal, we keep tellin' ya, Victor ain't frickin human!

Nice work Vic!!
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

If I ever do actually make it to Mars, it will definitely cross my mind, to mind my steps around Victor's garden.

BKB, I'm lovin' the necessity for that rudder input too!!!
          Carbon is groovy man...

Comment

Hmph...

This guy has something...

Is ithat gazillion dollar lens that I'd have trouble just picking up off the ground?

He's built like a fireplug -- Maybe it's the low center of gravity!

How about all those years of Martial Arts training -- He's just better "centered" than I am or something...

I know -- He just gets more practice, with all that drag racing stuff he does. That's gotta be the answer!

Maybe he really isn't human -- Maybe he really IS an alien!

Hmph... Mutter mutter grumble...

You know Victor, You're making me regret encouraging you to start posting more again...

Hmph...

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
              Hmph...

Is ithat gazillion dollar lens that I'd have trouble just picking up off the ground?

How about all those years of Martial Arts training -- He's just better "centered" than I am or something...

I know -- He just gets more practice, with all that drag racing stuff he does. That's gotta be the answer!

You know Victor, You're making me regret encouraging you to start posting more again...

Hmph...
              Mr. Neal Nurmi, Sir, did I ever tell you about the couple of beautiful years I got to enjoy (10-to13 yrs of age) when I discovered that all I had to do, to get my parents to leave me alone with my favorite girl in my room was to beg more than my allowance for photo-reactive chemicals, and when they banged at the door, scream at the top of my lungs, "We are developing, don't you dare open that door!!!!!!"

I will always be a hack, and although I treasure the pictures that I shot, developed, and enlarged in the 70's, I need guys like YOU, and Victor Archer to remind me of the esoteric heights that photography can rise to.

You Sir, commit pure art upon the public. and I am just one person who continues to witness your boldness.

Chuck
              Carbon is groovy man...

Comment

Great story Chuck! That is one benefit of photography I have never heard described...

Thank you for the compliments, also. Wayne thinks my ego is already too large, but seeing work like Victor's quickly and powerfully reminds me that I ain't all that good.

Art is like any human endeavor -- no matter how good you are there's always somebody better. That's both the joy and the agony of spending a lifetime of trying to perfect a craft and better tell one's stories...

Neal

Comment

Great story Chuck! That is one benefit of photography I have never heard described...

Thank you for the compliments, also. Wayne thinks my ego is already too large, but seeing work like Victor's quickly and powerfully reminds me that I ain't all that good.

Art is like any human endeavor -- no matter how good you are there's always somebody better. That's both the joy and the agony of spending a lifetime of trying to perfect a craft and better tell one's stories...

Neal
                  I suppose that (cough, cough) humility is necessary for posterity, but we both know how baddass your shots are when you get yer edge on.

Biggass lenses, and accumulated heir's apparent be thoughtfully damned.

Don't underestimate yourself Neal, you are are strong, and brilliant.

Heck, if you were to really quit your pride now, what hope could we have as amateurs?

Composition, Composition, Composition.

Chuck
                  Carbon is groovy man...

Comment

I figure its like any other thing... combination of a gift in neuron wiring that gives steady hands and great reflexes.... plus HARD work and practice.

Both you guys (Victor and Neal) are simply amazing. So are all the rest of you photogs, for that matter. Without your threads, I wouldn't stop by here nearly as much as I do. There's only so much gearhead stuff I can discuss before Sparrow and Slack and Eric and those guys show how ignernt I am. :-)

Hmph...

Hmph...

Comment

Wayne thinks my ego is already too large
                      Who.... ... MEEE???
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

........so, in order to make a right turn are 3 lefts required????? LOL
                        AMAZING PHOTO!!!!
                        Fledgling Air Race and P-51 Junkie

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                          Who.... ... MEEE???
                          Aww crap Wayne, If Neal is half as decrepit as me, You might give us both some slack.
                          Or not; either way, I bet he is right about that which he speaks.

Did you two wrong each other explosively in the past????
                          Carbon is groovy man...

Comment

Originally posted by C_roundy View Post
                            Did you two wrong each other explosively in the past????
                            Oh yes, we have hated each other for years and years.....

JUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST KIDDING!!!!!

Neal and I are just bustin chops... old dear friends, no problems...... other than Neal's ego.... Of course, everyone knows I have almost no ego at all...

(HOPE Y'ALL ARE SEEING THE LOL HERE!!)

DUCKING!!!!!!!!!!
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Yep -- Wayne, Brad, Victor, Neal, Randy H, Scotty G, Bucky D -- no egos here!

I firmly believe that ego (in a good sense) drives much of the best human acheivement. Why would anybody, in any field, work so hard, practice and study so much, and put their successes and failures and strengths and weaknesses out there for everybody to laugh at if they didn't deep down inside think that what they were offering to the world -- be it a photograph, an Olympic trampoline performance, a new race plane design, or a rap music video -- if they did not believe with all their being that what they're putting out there is really worthwhile?

That is what Wayne and I have occasionally (and in a friendly way) discussed. No conclusions reached -- but thoughts provoked.

So Chuck -- Don't worry if I occasionally sling some stuff Wayne's way -- be assured that it will likely be returned in kind...

Neal

Comment

Working...
                              X