50th Anniversary poster/program cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50th Anniversary poster/program cover

I just posted a thought along this line on the "PRECIOUS" thread.

In the old days they had a low-key yearly contest for designing the program cover. RARA ought to do that again for the 50th Anniversary with a very nice prize this time.

I think of a 7 photos across and 7 photos down collage of fantastic photos from each year-covering all classes (well not the Staggerwings, T-28's, etc., of a few years). The poster would especially lend itself to this.

What are your ideas?

Re: 50th Anniversary poster/program cover

I hate to say this, but with the attendance being down, I'm hoping there will be a 50th. I heard the visitors bureau or whatever it's called that came up with a big chunk of change at the last moment for the insurance, was a one year shot and won't help out $$$ next year. Bills have to be paid.......hope there is a 50th, and it's a great one, if so, I'll be there.
    Brian

Comment

I entered artwork in those those for several years. Never got on the program but...
      Good idea.
      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
        I hate to say this, but with the attendance being down, I'm hoping there will be a 50th. I heard the visitors bureau or whatever it's called that came up with a big chunk of change at the last moment for the insurance, was a one year shot and won't help out $$$ next year. Bills have to be paid.......hope there is a 50th, and it's a great one, if so, I'll be there.
        Brian
        Next year the ThunderBirds will be performing, that will pack the stands. Ever notice how many people leave once the big acts are done on sunday?

Comment

Quite a few left this year after the Patriots each day. For what it's worth, the big teams, T-Birds, Blues, Snowbirds, etc. bring the masses out. Even 395 has traffic issues with people parking.
          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
          X