SteadFast Year and a 2800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SteadFast Year and a 2800

I know the Gold racers get most of the attention, but I just wanted to take a minute to congratulate “Team SteadFast”… What a year they have had…A 1st place in the silver unlimited race running laps at over 400mph and also having set 9 world records earlier in the year…In a year where we needed good news in air racing these guys really went above and beyond.

I have spent several years lurking in the pits and have always found smiling faces and a willingness to answer questions in this teams crew and this year was no different...A great bunch over there and I even saw Kerch hanging around, is he part of that team?…Team SteadFast embodies everything this sport stands for and I for one am a fan…Way to go Will Whiteside and Team SteadFast…By the way…Did anyone else see the SteadFast decal on the 2800 at Andersons display (see pics below)…HHhmmmmm
    Attached Files

Re: SteadFast Year and a 2800

It is an R-3350 and it is for Lufthansa Airlines for their Lockheed Constellation.

Comment

Then it's an EA-2. I'm surprised it got off the property with it's nosecase intact!
      Chris...

Comment

Thanks for your kind comments. This team has really matured. These guys and girls are the nicest people I know. We dont have a bad apple in the bunch! We had such a wonderful time seeing our friends and our family at the race/reunion, It's why I go back!
        Will Whiteside

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteside View Post
          Thanks for your kind comments. This team has really matured. These guys and girls are the nicest people I know. We dont have a bad apple in the bunch! We had such a wonderful time seeing our friends and our family at the race/reunion, It's why I go back!
          Will Whiteside
          Fantastic performance this year, hat's off to you.

Comment

It looks ready to run and I'll bet even the PRT gearsets are pristine.

Comment

Originally posted by stuntflyr View Post
              Then it's an EA-2. I'm surprised it got off the property with it's nosecase intact!
              Chris...
              SO is this "Connie" one of the L-1649A "Starliner"'s? (essentially the Connie's successor). That was the only aircraft to use the EA-2 nose case from the factory.
              "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
              -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteside View Post
                Will Whiteside
                Congratulations on all you've done this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigercat24 View Post
                  SO is this "Connie" one of the L-1649A "Starliner"'s? (essentially the Connie's successor). That was the only aircraft to use the EA-2 nose case from the factory.
                  Yes. It's one of the motors rebuilt for the Lufthansa Starliner restoration project.

Comment

So that thing will sound like a monster once it's running
                    "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
                    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

The title needs correcting to 3350 its not a 2800.

Comment

Working...
                      X